The day of the 6/284 is here !

Iron Worker

Continuation of my 6/284 saga . My rifle loves Hornady 105 A-Maxs but hates Berger 105 hybrids . 52.5grs of Re#22 with both bullets velocities for Bergers average for 5 shots 3440 FPS and A-Maxs 3400 . Accuracy wise at 130 yards mild wind in NV Desert 1 1/4 group Berger and 1/2" gr for A_maxs 5 shots. But at 430 yards with both loads I was easily able to hit 1QT milk jugs ? I don't want to use up any more barrel life trying to find the sweet spot for bergers . In fact I have 1 unopened box of Berger 105 Hybrids any one want to trade for A-Maxs ? Another thing why dose my barrel like one bullet over the other and why is one bullet faster than the other ?

I'm pretty sure the Hybrid does have a shorter bearing surface but I haven't measured them personally.

OP- Have you shot any groups at extended ranges ie 400-500yds? I'd try that & see what happens. While I prefer the BC of the Berger, there ain't nuthin' wrong with the A-Max.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.