The customer is ALWAYS right!

NOPE.

That said, in my work customers are the most important thing there is and I do my best to always take care of them and I'm pretty good at it.

However, there are things that just can't be done, no matter what. Some customers think they deserve the world just because they said so, and the world don't work like that, at least not mine LOL.

With some customers the reality is that, you can't fix stupid. Not with duck tape, gorilla glue or even a magic wand.

The problem is the GS name and reputation is forever attached to WHATEVER they build irregardless of what a customer INSISTS on having built. Long after the build and maybe after rifle has changed multiple hands, its still the GS name on it. No GS with a reputation will build something they know will adversely affect their future business.

The problem is the GS name and reputation is forever attached to WHATEVER they build irregardless of what a customer INSISTS on having built. Long after the build and maybe after rifle has changed multiple hands, its still the GS name on it. No GS with a reputation will build something they know will adversely affect their future business.
That was kind of my point to Alex. We as customers need to understand gunsmiths are building something that forever has their name on it. We can't ask them to build crap or something which could hurt their reputation.

If my gunsmith thinks brand X stocks break or are too flexible, why try to force them to use it. When it has some issues, there would be hard feelings all around. It needs to be a partnership. As a gun buyer, we need to focus on functions and attributes we want the rifle to have. We also need to respect that the gunsmith name is on the product..:: not the customers!

This is not related to firearms, but to customers. I have had three people unload transmissions at my shop in the last week or so. They rebuilt them at home and they don't work. One of actually said "everything inside is good, I just rebuilt it. It just doesn't move" He should have watched the you tube video one more time.

They are right when they are right and wrong when they are wrong no different than anyone else. When a guy wants a 6 pound 338 lapua mag without a brake, you gotta tell em they are wrong or how could you sleep at night?
If I really didn't like the guy, probably suggest 5 1/2 titanium with steel butt plate.