THE "COMA ABERRATION" AND HOW IT EFFECTS YOUR RIFLE SCOPE

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by WWB, Sep 5, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Left Hand Dave

Left Hand Dave Well-Known Member

If AB is completely jacked what ballistic program do you use at your school to predict drop and drift. Just looking at alternatives.

Thanks
    Dave

BountyHunter likes this.
  2. WWB

WWB OFFICIAL LRH SPONSOR

Hi Dave,
    I suggest "X-Ring," which is made by "Empyreal Sciences."
    http://www.empyrealsciences.com/
    The bullet library was originally written for military bullets such as Lapua or Sierra, so the bullet library is limited. Although I will testify to you in all seriousness that it is the only/only software on Earth that I have found to genuinely perform.

Don A Parsons likes this.
  3. Left Hand Dave

Left Hand Dave Well-Known Member

Their website doesn’t have a lot of information. What is the approximate cost and what device does it run on? Sorry for the simple questions but I am not a techs.

4. Don A Parsons

Don A Parsons Well-Known Member

What does a ballistic app like that cost down there,,, we have to pay yearly for this stuff on top of our currency Cnd funds which is pretty close to a 1/3 less in value up here above the 49th...

Our group has been coping and paste-ing free ballistic info from the JBM and Hornady pages to have on hand...

We keep them in our photos and a hard paper copy incase we run into areas that don't have cell service...

Kestral wind meters with the down load apps has been good for us on some of this stuff...

We see alot of Applied Ballistics programs up here from Brian Litz they are pretty handy,,, I bet the X-Ring is a awesome program if they share it with the military...

I think applied ballistics app is $75 Cnd funds per year up here.

5. WWB

WWB OFFICIAL LRH SPONSOR

I think a student paid $1,100.00 for the Software and the Device. Could be wrong, so I'd give Dr. Hazelton a call. It will run on any Windows Mobile device such as a Handheld US unit.

https://www.handheldgroup.com/rugged-computer/handheld-pda/nautiz-x8/

Telephone: US 866-270-4417
    Intl 001-480-516-3078
    Email: [email protected]

6. WWB

WWB OFFICIAL LRH SPONSOR

7. lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon Well-Known Member

OK, NOW I have a question....how do you make "hunts go more smoothly"?

8. Tank308

Tank308 Well-Known Member

Excuse my understanding. So if I have a 40 moa cant I'm not looking through the center 1/3 of the lense when zeroed. My hold overs won't be accurate at any range of high angle.

9. WWB

WWB OFFICIAL LRH SPONSOR

I've been told by my friends that I'm not a hunters hunter because I'm not a stalker... This is because I pick an over-watch that encompasses (if possible) a 180 degree field of fire with a 1600 meter radius. If an Elk gets pushed in front of me, I shoot it.

10. WWB

WWB OFFICIAL LRH SPONSOR

No matter what the adjustment, you are still looking through the center of the lenses that are contained within the erector tube.

11. Tank308

Tank308 Well-Known Member

Thank you I wasn't clear on that. Just to be clearer the front optic glass has no refraction that effects the hold overs. Sorry just trying to catch up

12. PredatorSlayer

PredatorSlayer Well-Known Member

You are shooting elk at 1600 meters?

13. WWB

WWB OFFICIAL LRH SPONSOR

No. Although if the wind was right I would. I need a wind reader because I cannot see what I need to see in able to make the shot.

14. PredatorSlayer

PredatorSlayer Well-Known Member

I have read a few of your threads and some better bedside manners might help you out a little bit. I know you are a sponsor and wish you the best of luck.