THE "COMA ABERRATION" AND HOW IT EFFECTS YOUR RIFLE SCOPE

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by WWB, Sep 5, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. carl1775

carl1775 Well-Known Member

Never said it wasn't, "good." Merely pointing out that it is presented in a biased manner. And given the subject and crowd, "fake" news is not held in high regard.

milo-2 likes this.
  2. WWB

WWB OFFICIAL LRH SPONSOR

Biased? Tough to do as proven science IS biased.

3. WWB

WWB OFFICIAL LRH SPONSOR

Those are awesome links. They support my statements. So whats the argument? I know... I come across as biased. But hey, no ones perfect. The graphics are awesome. The one thing not brought up is "Brewsters Law." As you are familiar with the links, I assume that you understand Brewster's? And THANK YOU for posting the links. Revioptics states Siedel Aberations.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  4. carl1775

Biased, as in using old quotes and uncredited links to prove your agenda. Like I said, I'm not discounting the information, just the delivery.

WWB likes this.
  5. lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon Well-Known Member

No questions. I dial almost exclusively, so this does not really effect me or my shooting. If I hold over, it is not by more than 3 MIL, and usually just for closer quick snap shot targets like coyotes. Have not missed yet. Even a +4° 1500 yard shot that required 14.4MIL from my 6CM with a scope that only dialed to 11MIL, held 3.4MIL. Unfortunately, I was shooting due east and forgot to allow for Coriolis. I was approximately 4" low. I have 4 witnesses that can attest to the first round hit as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All my glass are top tier, so less likely to have severe defects I would hope.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    WWB likes this.
  6. carl1775

Plus, all hypothesis of "science," could be proven false at some point. That is one of the pillars of science.

7. WWB

WWB OFFICIAL LRH SPONSOR

Rgr/Rgr
    Thank you for your help and posting the links.

8. shotie450

shotie450 Member

9. shotie450

shotie450 Member

To WWB... if you can repeatedly hit targets @ 3,4, or 5000 yds !!!!!, (24"×24") ,like Mark & his Wife, & he's only a novice ... then what does that make YOU........

10. shotie450

shotie450 Member

To WWB... l didn't realise that the only people capable of shooting , come from the good ol US of A, & the rest of us are merely novices / amateurs.... best I shut up and learn from the masters....

11. WWB

WWB OFFICIAL LRH SPONSOR

This is who I am. Please read my Capability Statement. Although abbreviated, I think you may be able to read between the lines. IF you would like to consider learning stuff that you probably haven't learned before, then come to the MSC. If you want your hunts to go more smoothly, then come to the MSC.

Attached Files:

12. carl1775

Probably should have just started out by inviting people to "Mountain Shooting Center" and then expressing what makes your program unique. Like I said, you're a paid sponsor, so get to know some prospective clients. That's the idea of the site, networking and introducing like minded people to a fun sport and discipline. Don't make up some hokie, smoke and mirrors conversation. Just food for thought, for next time. It looks like you have a decently fun product to share with the community and a very informational class. Any way, just my take on the whole deal and why you got some push back. Good luck, with your school.

bigngreen likes this.
  13. WWB

WWB OFFICIAL LRH SPONSOR

Thank you for taking your time for me. I appreciate it.