The Best Brine for Smoking Salmon.

kc

Depending on the number of fish, I would start out with a Gallon of Apple Juice, add Kosher Salt till you can float an egg. Let Salmon set in Brine 4 hours/to 6 hours. make sure you use food safe Bowl or a 5 Gallon Pail(food safe) set in cool place for brine time. after brining dab dry with paper towls get a good smoke going with Green Maple wood and if you can toss in some Green Apple wood mix, it would be great! after a good smoke has started place fish on racks first spray racks with Pam. Than place racks of fish into Smoker for 5 Hrs never over 180 Degrees.

NOTE! make sure you have plenty of open vent to let the moisture out. If you ignore this the Fish will be like mush.
Never let your smoke turn to fire.
Don't use Cider(it's to sweet).
Just buy the cheapest Apple Juice, it will work fine.

Remember!!!!open vent to let out moisture..if you ignore this, your fish will be garbage.
and never let your smoker fire up, if it does spray apple juice on wood.

Depending on the number of fish, I would start out with a Gallon of Apple Juice, add Kosher Salt till you can float an egg. Let Salmon set in Brine 4 hours/to 6 hours. make sure you use food safe Bowl or a 5 Gallon Pail(food safe) set in cool place for brine time. after brining dab dry with paper towls get a good smoke going with Green Maple wood and if you can toss in some Green Apple wood mix, it would be great! after a good smoke has started place fish on racks first spray racks with Pam. Than place racks of fish into Smoker for 5 Hrs never over 180 Degrees.

NOTE! make sure you have plenty of open vent to let the moisture out. If you ignore this the Fish will be like mush.
Never let your smoke turn to fire.
Don't use Cider(it's to sweet).
Just buy the cheapest Apple Juice, it will work fine.

Remember!!!!open vent to let out moisture..if you ignore this, your fish will be garbage.
and never let your smoker fire up, if it does spray apple juice on wood.

Thanks KC !!!!

I love smoked salmon and I will have to try this.

J E CUSTOM

Every one that I smoke fish for loves this..realy I smoke about 250lbs each year for all my friends. They catch the fish and I smoke them.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.