The Berger 156 EOL is done

While I'll have to agree based on the facts, targets and score that Berger's far and away get the nod for competition use and those that use them for paper punching and score. On the other hand not being a competition shooter but rather a hunter and steel shooter at all ranges ELR and mid range shooting, the Hornady ELDs shine in those areas. I can't tell a bit of difference in my ELDs or Berger's once the trigger is pulled. Wouldn't know which bullet was in the chamber on steel plates at 1400 yards or an impact on a deer at 880. To say Bergers outperform Hornadys in the field is just false. I'll give them kudos for there consistency in very precision accuracy on paper but on game, I'd go with Hornady just because they are in fact cheaper and easier to get.
Good that they perform for you but after two years shooting ELDs I saw a lot of difference on game and in precision, I'm back to Berger's, price has never been a factor for me in a hunting bullet, if it performed better than what I shot before I change, so far the only bullets I've added to my inventory shelf other than Berger's I shoot have been Hammers, others just didn't bring anything more than hype!!
If blasting ups steel was my thing ya I might look for something cheeper but I still like to shoot a small group on a piece of steel, just hitting something doesn't appeal to me.

What was the distance/shot angle on the elk bigngreen?
I have two elk with them, one at 845 and another at 910, around 2080 fps/1500 ft-lbs and 2130 fps/1580 ft-lbs at impact, and one big cow with a high lung shot dumped immediately and the other medium sized cow walked about 10 foot forward and dumped down from a heart shot. They seem to do well, though the one with the heart shot didn't exit. Got a total of like 14 or 15 big game critters with them this year. Last year I used the 147 eldm for 16ish big game critters pronghorn to elk, and switched to the 156. Next year, I will stick with the 156, if that says anything.

I have two elk with them, one at 845 and another at 910, around 2080 fps/1500 ft-lbs and 2130 fps/1580 ft-lbs at impact, and one big cow with a high lung shot dumped immediately and the other medium sized cow walked about 10 foot forward and dumped down from a heart shot. They seem to do well, though the one with the heart shot didn't exit. Got a total of like 14 or 15 big game critters with them this year. Last year I used the 147 eldm for 16ish big game critters pronghorn to elk, and switched to the 156. Next year, I will stick with the 156, if that says anything.
You did a sweet report with the videos and pics of the damage with the ELDM. You ready to do one for the 156 EOL? I think it's a great idea ;)

Good that they perform for you but after two years shooting ELDs I saw a lot of difference on game and in precision, I'm back to Berger's, price has never been a factor for me in a hunting bullet, if it performed better than what I shot before I change, so far the only bullets I've added to my inventory shelf other than Berger's I shoot have been Hammers, others just didn't bring anything more than hype!!
If blasting ups steel was my thing ya I might look for something cheeper but I still like to shoot a small group on a piece of steel, just hitting something doesn't appeal to me.
Like I said my experience differs from yours. It's really not surprising that's the case. Not everyone's experience is equal all the time. I love Berger's also but I don't see any difference really except in my LR groups on paper and they aren't tremendously different, certainly not for hunting when sub moa accuracy is still present.