The 7mm Fatso - The Ultimate Short Magnum! By Greg Duley

Corey,
Absolutely the 378 Weatherby is based on the 416 Rigby. Yes they added a belt and the traditional Weatherby double radius shoulder, but the 416 Rigby case was the inspiration. This is common knowledge.

The 338 Norma brass has been going real well, lasting 20 loads at 65,000psi so far. I haven't been able to kill a case yet. And it has eliminated the expanding and full length turning then necking down again case forming steps. Now it is a simple neck down, shorten, neck turn, anneal and fireform with Shotgun powder.
Greg

O.K I understand now...

Thanx.

my gosh ,, that is a cool cartridge, but hey, I did the same thing 18 years ago with the Lazzeroni 7.21 (.284) Tomahawk ((see http://www.lazzeroni.com/ct_sacart.htm )))) ,,,,, our ballistics chart is based on a 24" barrel length )))

now you are claiming better velocity at the same 66,900 PSI pressure than the Lazzeroni short-mag Tomahawk right ? ,,,,,

you must know something I don't ,,,, what type of pressure barrel and measuring chamber are you using ? ,,,,,

BTW ,, I have thousands of rounds of the correct Lazz Tomahawk headstamp brass in my warehouse for those who would like to build and shoot one ,,,,

only downside to all of it, is that the market for short magnums has been weakening over the past 4 years, and we sell very few of them now, compared to the big Lazzeroni long mags ,,,,

I know this is an old thread but I was looking for info on this chambering. How does it do with the modern powders - RL26/33 and the Berger heavies - 180 Hybrid or 195 Elite Hunter?
Seems like it'd be close to equaling a 28 Nosler in a potentially more compact rifle.
Has brass become any easier to form?

I just finished my 7MM Fatso . Built on stiller medium action ,Krieger #6 barrel ,Mcmillan stock ,brake .l have 48 Rds useing 300 Norma Mag brass by Lapua 162 eldx and H1000 ,so far I'm impressed

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts