The .308 got a new stock..

Clayne B

I got my McRees Precision Stock with a 5 and 10 round mag. Still need to figure out how I want to paint it. Over all it feels very good. I have it all adjusted to fit me. this thing is SOLID! Scott and Kathleen McRee were both excellent to deal with, Thank you both.

I will be up dating this thread with my impressions after shooting with it.

1217121823-1.jpg

1217121823a-1.jpg

1217121834a.jpg

Clayne...

I'm sure you like it but I don't, but then I've never cared much for hunting purpose rifles with folding butt stocks and pistol grips, especially ones that look para-military, just the image responsible gun owners should b trying to move away from, not embrace in light of current evnts.

You won't find anything similar in my gun cabinet.

Just my opinion, nothing more.

Clayne...

I'm sure you like it but I don't, but then I've never cared much for hunting purpose rifles with folding butt stocks and pistol grips, especially ones that look para-military, just the image responsible gun owners should b trying to move away from, not embrace in light of current evnts.

Just my opinion... a gun is a gun.. they are all tools , it does not mater what they look like para-military or not. Americans need to wake up and stop pussing out and dumbing down guns to conform to public opinion. In my opinion...

If you are trying to Defend the 2nd Amendment in the context of a hunting need you will lose. The 2nd Amendment was not ment for hunting needs...

Nice gun! I like the stock and hope to own one someday. Great job on the Camo paint! Did you do that yourself? Thanks for sharing.

Paint job and rifle look great. Don't care what the "Sheeple" think. I like military colors and design as I served to defend the "Sheeples" freedoms. Can't wait to see the results. Those McCree's are awesome, but boy are they pricey. I want one of the XLR Industries stocks. They are nice.

Tank

My comments are simply this....

I have no issue with the firearm, in fact, It's very niclely excuted, however....

The winds of change are upon us, fanned by an administration hell bent on gun control at any cost....

This is a publically viewed forum which means anyone can view any post anytime, without being a registered user. Essentially, that includes people like Eric Holder and Diane Feinstein. Don't think I'd want to advertise my arms to either of them..... just say'in...

We, as legal owners of firearms, still need to be cognizant of who is watching and what their plans are in the future, concerning the ownership of firearms.

I think people sometimes forget that forums like this can be viewed by the world and some of those viewers aren't pro firearm.

One reason I never post pictures of my creations or my firearms on any publically viewed forum...ever. I don't want anyone to know what I own or be able to catalog any firearm I possess. My firearms are my business, no one else's. In my view, ownership of firearms is fast becoming a very personal thing.....

However, thats my choice and may not be yours and I certainly like looking at well executed creations. You just won't ever see any of mine......:)

Yes I painted it.

Here is a quick video. Over all I really like how it feels while shooting. Recoil feels like it was reduced compared to the Tupperware factory stock.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLU9-CMh-n8].308 Mcrees Precision - YouTube[/ame]

Clayne...

Sorry but this whole post is crap. Try to rain on the guys parade why don't ya. For starters the rifle looks awesome, who gives a **** if you don't like it?! Secondly it's this kind of ignorant thinking that scares me. Next it'll be bolt action "assault rifles/weapons/whatever" are the devil. If that's the case every Remington 700 looks military, cause that's what the military uses. Or 100 year old Mausers.

Clayne,
Nice rifle brother!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.