The 27 Nosler, it's official!

shinbone

It's about time someone threw us a bone.

This could very well be the beginning of the Golden Age of the .277 caliber. We got two new .277 cartridges in one year. I bet the release of the 27 Nosler and the .277 Sig Fury, will shake some new .277 bullets loose from the manufacturers.

Capt RB

I'd like to see a few 8-8.5 twist barrels in 277 at bugholes or Brunos etc. The 165 RDF or custom competition could get sierra to make some 160-175 smk's with the 27 caliber ogive. Or even a tipped match or game king!!

seattleman1969

This, actually has me looking to buy a new rifle again... (Like I needed an excuse). Wayyyyyy back in the day I was drooling over the 270 Arnold Magnum but never could scrape the money together as a young sailor for a custom rifle build, and then they went under.

This could very well be my do-all rifle. Since I will never go to Africa or hunt brown bears, it fits my bill perfectly!

Now, if I can get an answer from Browning whether they will include 27 Nosler as an offering for their X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Long Range...

I was surprised the 30 didn’t become more popular. I like it much more than the prc, but it’s just me. 30-28nosler sure is popular
Can you tell me why you like the 30 Nosler more then a 300 PRC as i am just going to have a 300 PRC built - Thks WP

Last edited:

highdrum

Jeff Broz just killed a 30 Nosler barrel in under 900 shots. I’d go with the PRC
Run max vo with N570 and that'll happen. That still sounds fast to kill that in low round count. It may have been run. The case capacity between the two is like 5 grains, neck length the same, and the nosler has 5° sharper shoulder. So I think the prc/nosler will have similar barrel life, just depending on how you load and how hot you get ur barrel.

Last edited:

highdrum

Heard Kooky Bernie is handin' 'em out right and left. I wonder where he gets the money...
That phucktard ain't never had a job where he worked for his money, he don't get the concept of earning your keep, paying your own way. Pretty sure he'd fail a psych eval on many levels.

nvschütze

That phucktard ain't never had a job where he worked for his money, he don't get the concept of earning your keep, paying your own way. Pretty sure he'd fail a psych eval on many levels.
Dam-ned funny, cap'n! Dam-ned funny...

We gotta be cool. I've already gotten private note from Len about a political post from a week or so ago...

Capt RB

N570, N565 RL26 all run hot, but performance is higher than comparable powders in same burn rate. No free lunches here unfortunately!
I know that RL26 is pretty vicious and I/ve heard the same with 570 but the speed very tight sd and accuracy at least for RL26 is unmatched. I could match 2 but not all 3 things with other powders in the cartridges I am/have run it in.

highdrum

Anyone else feel like the a 270PRC the 300PRC parent case would be a win?
Why? The 27 nosler has a shorter shoulder than the 30N so it's capacity is prob 97-98gr, the prc is 96gr. The length is the same, the 27N has a neck thats 0.328" long, that's why longer than a necked down prc would be. I like 35° over the prc 30°. I don't get everyone's boner for the 300prc. There's nothing special about it the case, the chamber however is geared towards long heavy bullets in fast twist barrels, they did that part right.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce