The 25 sst...up and running

couesaddict

Hands down the easiest hunting rifle I have to shoot extremely well. I love mine. One of these days I’ll shoot a deer with it if I find the right one. My sister in law has shot two with mine so far.

Rem81

Well it was a tough hunt and I was too picky so tag soup for me but my sister in law filled hers on the last day for a little coues deer meat buck. 390yds with the 131BJ. In tight behind the shoulder and out the off side shoulder through the heart. Silver dollar exit and dropped him like a sack of hammers. Here’s the exit with the tips opened to .030”. Pretty happy with the performance. View attachment 222360View attachment 222361
[/QUOTE. Good looking rifle what stock is on it?

Tidus56

Any idea what barrel life on the 25 SST might be? If it’s been asked on here I didn’t see it so forgive me if it was. I understand there are factors etc, just a general idea is all I was hoping for.

couesaddict

Don’t know of anyone that’s shot one out. CA48 has the highest round count that I’ve heard. My borescope shows a little wear and tear on mine at a touch over 200 rounds but just in the leade and I’m shooting n-565 which is a double base, high flame temp powder. Nothing much, just can see some. H-1000 I’m sure will produce considerable more life.

Ross1147

Well my 10 day California gun purgatory started today. 60 grns of 565 behind a 115 Berger seemed to work fine for the test rounds. The casings the smith sent back looked fine. Primers still rounded and no ejector marks. I’ll probably load up a few bergers to sight the scope in when I pick up the gun then move on to finding a good load for the 128 Hammer.
She looks naked but purdy so far! AnTi SA Mag with a 22” Bartlien Carbon 7 twist. Bolt was nitrited, left everything else stainless. When I get her home I’ll pillar/glass bed the Stocky’s VG2 carbon stock, add the trigger tech, PTG bottom Metal, and top her with a Leupold. 10 days can’t get here soon enough!!!
1D4D3226-EC64-4358-9BD0-61FD7A85B567.jpeg

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts