The 25 sst...up and running

couesaddict

Haven't tried rl26 in mine but n565 is treating me good. I'd start around 56-58 with new brass if you're shooting the blackjacks with it. Shot very few 128 hammers in mine just messing around and they showed more pressure so I'd drop a couple grains from that with them.

CA48

That'd be pretty awesome! Especially with a big hollow point for the splat. Gonna lose speed quick but most of the calling I do is pretty close quarters anyhow. I'm working on a much lesser calling gun. Gonna do a bugholes prefit 223ai with a nut setup to shoot 40's or 50's at the heaviest with an 18" rem varmint contour on my factory 700 vssf. First non sherman I've done in a long time but similar in design I guess. Also first time of doing a prefit and setting headspace.
The goal would be 400-450 holding on fur. I run 35gr Bullets at 3750 fps in my standard 223rem but the 40-50gr bullets hold up much better in the wind as the ranges get past 300-400 yards. I’ve been tempted to try bug holes system, seems to be a good set up. But I’m going to go with the switch lug from WTO eventually. Ive have had 3 of Claytons lugs in the closet for about 3-4 years now just never have used one yet. I’ve been wanting a 16” Ruger American ranch rifle in .223 lately to run my suppressor on with light bullets. I think it would be a great inexpensive calling setup for a couple hundred yards.

CA48

Rl-26 worked well for me with the ACE’s and the 92gr HH’s. N565 is good stuff as well.

J3n

Haven't tried rl26 in mine but n565 is treating me good. I'd start around 56-58 with new brass if you're shooting the blackjacks with it. Shot very few 128 hammers in mine just messing around and they showed more pressure so I'd drop a couple grains from that with them.
Thanks. I've got 300 131 Blackjacks in hand so I'll go with the N565. Yes, all new brass from Rich.

CA48

Did you happen to monitor the velocity when you shot the 128s, 24” bbl right?

couesaddict

Did you happen to monitor the velocity when you shot the 128s, 24” bbl right?
Yes 24". I shot a couple at the same 60.6 of 565 that I shoot the blackjacks at and had a sticky bolt. No velocity on that. Shot three at I believe 58.5 or 59 and would call that close to top working. If I remember right it was around 3150-3180. I didn't write it down though

CA48

Seems just a tad slow going off the other hammers I’ve tried in my bbl, but I haven’t tested the 128s yet. And still the 128s at 3150 will be plenty effective.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce