The .25-06 and .25-06 Improved By J.C. Munnell

I think your pushing the bullet to fast. quit trying to outrun the 257 weatherby. lower the speed to 3600 and see how it shoots. Accuracy is far better than speed.

I have a 0.5MOA load with the 75gr V-max at around 4000fps and this is mainly a 0-350 and no time to turn turrets varmint gun. So I wanted a flat trajectory but the 90gr blitz would help with holding for wind. I tried slower loads with the VV n560 but that combination does not work in my gun. Have you shot the 90 gr blitz king?

No I have not tried a 90gr. I use a nosler 115bt for deer and antelope. It has a better BC. I have a 27.5" barrel so I get good speed from it. How long a barrel are you using? My rifle will shoot the 115 nosler 5/8" @ 200yds. very accurate. BUT I cannot get it to shoot the 110 accubond at all. It "patterns " the paper not group. lol. As they say, some guns will not shoot all bullets. Maybe try the 100 grain bullets.

For me,the 85gr BT Nosler shoots the best out of a M700 sporter over 56gr of RL19. It goes 1/2 to 3/4 MOA @ 400yds off a Caldwell BR front rest and Bald Eagle back bag. Not too shabby for a bedded sporter. I'm kind of surprised there aren't more folks using RL19 with the middle weight pills. I've also had good performance with IMR 4350 under the 100gr projectiles.

my best performance has been with imr 4831 and the R19. thats shooting the 115 thru my 25 ackley. The Vvori powders interest me. The lighter bullets 87 100, may shoot tight but dont holdup to wind very well out past 350yds. thats what the charts show. the 115 is the best for 400-600 yd hunting. Longrange hunting is not a contest who can do it with the lightest bullet. :rolleyes:

How about some 110gr AccuBonds? I like what I see so far with the H4831SC. Not too shabby for new brass in a breeze. Got tired of waiting on the wind and cut the session short.
100_1481.jpg

i have a couple of 25/06s my favorite is Rem 40x topped with Nightforce 12x42BR on top of it i shoot Nos.85BTs with Rx 19 awsome one hole groups @ 200yds Groundhogs do not survive out to 800+ yds great gun!!!!

Styled,

Tell me about the barrel on your Cooper .26-06 AI. I am curious what kind of barrel does well with the Berger 115s.

What powder and primers do you use with the heavy bullets. Have you tried MagPro, Ramshot Magnum or VV N-560?

most of you guys were sleeping thru the movie
the articule was not about heavy bullets nor killing large game
it was about lighter bullets killing varmints

My relation to the subject is my favorite 25,is my pet the 25 Gibbs,living in Yukon and allowing for some long shots for caribou and black bears and sheep.At 5.3 lbs with a 4.5 x14 Leopuld I have taken caribou out to 883 mtrs with a 85 Nos BT,Rifle was my old worn out 270 M77.Black bear don't have a clue where and why their dead.A little on the light side for the rest of the game here besides wolf and coyote.Any way that my input

Fantastic Read! I'v been a fan of the 25-06, for many years, but have only owned one. A Ruger 77V, that I bought used at a gun shop in CA, back in the '90s. It was a joy to shoot! I never had the opportunity to take it hunting, but it one holed paper! Unfortunately, I no longer have it. Traded it for a Marlin 1889, in 32-20, for CAS, in '05. Glad to have the Marlin, but I miss that Ruger. Finally located another near me, at a reasonable price, that's built on a Mauser '98 variant. Hope to do business on it very soon. I have a question here; I want to have it rechambered to either an Ackley 40 degree shoulder, or a Mashburn 30 degree shoulder, and I'm not sure of any performance difference. Any thoughts out there???🤠

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.