That's a good feeling. Cold Bore Shot.

SWEET, Bro !
Nice to see, somebody,.. "got IT, right" !
My .270 WSM rifle, shot, a 5", 5 shot, group at 700 Yards, a couple of weeks ago but group was, slightly Right ( poss, light Wind ? )
So, I gotta do, the same thing with my, Tikka,.. Re-check Zero at, 500 ish to be SURE, as I drew a descent, central Idaho, Elk Tag.
Past 500 yds you can start to see spin drift.

Well how could you know it is spin and not wind?
Could it be a bit of both? lol
You can drive yourself Nutz worrying about, that,. chit !
Sadly, my "perfectionism issues", from being, a former Aircraft Inspector and Gunsmith,.. SUCKS !
Maybe, I need to re-check my Zero at,.. 600 Yards, now ,.. LOL !
THANKS guys for, bringing THAT "chit",.. up !
Past 500 yds you can start to see spin drift.
Fortunately for me,.. MOST Elk are Shot at, 350 Yards or,.. Less !
And,. they ARE,.. Big,.. Targets !

There ARE so many "Issues" about,.. Elevation at, Rifles "Zero" vs the Elev at, the Hunt area, Wind speed between me and the Elk/ Deer, Bullet Spin Drift, My Ammo's Velocity in, COLD weather, etc. All that, "chit", can drive a guy, nuts !
I try to, put ALL that stuff, out of my mind, by doing my best on all of,.. IT !
THEN,.. I try to, forget it !
My solution IS, I try to, GET CLOSER to, the Big Game that, I'm hunting, so all that THAT "chit" really doesn't come into "play" for me, due to choosing, the TERRAIN, I Hunt.
I don't sit on, a Ridge, "looking" to shoot Game on, the next Mountain, 1200 - 1500 yards, across, the Valley.

Last edited:
There ARE so many "Issues" about,.. Elevation at, Rifles "Zero" vs the Elev at, the Hunt area, Wind speed, Bullet Spin Drift, My Ammo's Velocity in, COLD weather, etc. All that, chit, can drive a guy, nuts !
I try to, put ALL that stuff, out of my mind by doing my "best" on all of,.. IT !
THEN, I try to, just GET CLOSER to, the Big Game that, I'm hunting, so all that THAT "chit" really doesn't come into "play" for me, due to choosing, the TERRAIN, I Hunt. I don't sit on, a Ridge, "looking" to shoot Game on, the next Mountain, across, the Valley.
Awesome looks like that bullet has enough BC too get the job 748 yds that's impressive

Next time you find a deer or an elk at say 6 to 800 yds, do a little experiment.
Swing over to the left or right of the animal 50' or so and send a sighter shot over there.
Then see if the animal is still there or if it ran off at the sound of the shot.
Maybe a first round hit isnt as important as one might think?