That time of year again - Colorado hunt planning

WyoWhisper,

Why hell, I like Texicans - got some good friends and a bunch of family from Texas! And Texas is right, they do have some big bucks down there. In fact I had friends hunting with me last year from Texas and they'll be back again this year.

The only reason why I dropped a name was so you could drop a dime and find out for yourself that I wasn't BS'en you about the bucks that Chuck has on the wall. I wasn't trying to impress you with who I knew, cause truth be known, I wouldn't know Doyle Moss if he came up and bit me in the ankle. All I know is he knew about his deer and dropped in to see them for himself. I don't even know how he found out about them, but I do know he was there and as I said, he tried to buy three of them, but Chuck turned him down.

Two of the three guys that were there when I shot my buck were novices. They were brothers, one which had never been hunting before, and the other who had only shot one deer in his life. My hunting partner (the third guy) and I took them out as a favor to their dad, who happens to do all of our reloading for us. Actually the one brother spotted the bucks first, so he had by rights first shot. Only problem was they had us spotted and were heading slowly towards cover and there was no way we could of got up on them before they made it. I've seen the boys shoot and knew they couldn't make the shot, and they both knew they couldn't either after hearing how far away they were. My partner kept ranging them and pretty soon he pipes up and says "well hell, it looks like you're gonna have to take the shot". One of the kids says "what makes you think he can hit him way out there" and he replied "I've seen him shoot further than that and make hits time and time again". So after hearing a couple of "well I'd like to see that!" - hell, I had no choice but to show them.
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I'm usually gone all season long, but I usually hit the house between seasons. We'll have a 2 or 3 day break between seasons and I'll head back to the house to clean up, resupply, or maybe swap out mules.

Insecure? HAH! THATS A HOOT!!! Why there's not an insecure bone in my body. Infact...I'm the guy that has to tape my cahones to my knees so they don't get in the way when I'm fixin' to cut loose and get western! BWAAA HAA HAA HAAAAA
wink.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Hey, count me in too on that Alaskan PAID huntin' wager, cause if your buyin'- I'm flyin'. ****, I'll even use a pack of poodles for my sled dogs just to get to hunt Alaska! And for my handicap you can saddle me with two tenderfoots, one hairlip, an a constipated cross dresser if you want.
shocked.gif

Don't forget me!

I've got a new pair of boots that tend to make me qualified as a tenderfoot after only a couple of hours.

Slymule,

If they let me go, I'll trade you my Constipated cross dresser for your Hair lip! Them full sized Poodles can do pretty good in a fight, I won't mind them at all.
tongue.gif

Well well Mr. Cahones.. I'd get a Dr. To look at those.. It don't sound normal....

I was thinkin' about how you turn from anger, to offended, then sorta nice, then nice kinda anger, then you take a shot me.

I was rememberin' that your gonna go to the academy soon.. man, are they gonna eat you alive with reactions like that... better get that in check...trust me on that one, been there done that...

Well congrats you can guide novices .. I stand corrected...

So your wife and kids get to see you 2 or 3 days with several weeks in between for about 4 months.. interesting....

The poodles thing... and this is a true story.. Honest as I sit here typin' this...

we were in camp one evening ( late Sept )and we heard a bunch of noise coming off the southern part of the trail headed in to our camp... so we got up to see what it was... turns out there were 3 people packin' (or at least thats what they called it..) in the hills for a few days.. well they all had these really really large coats on ... so I looked at Tony and gave him a look like ( why they got big puffy coats on ).. about that time .. he said to one of them " why is your coat movin' ? then the one gal says well we had to bring our pooches along...

know what kinda dogs they were.. Yup Poodles!!! ( miniature ones i think) Know where these freaks were from .. Yup.. Colorado...!!!!
so that night we wrote a song.. "Poodle packin' tourists'"

Slymule, you do have a funny line every now and again.. and you may have a sense of humor when ya want.. but I just don't think we'd get along...

The whole thing started again by you gettin' your panties in a bunch.. and I was just curious about your mount.. and I even tried to be real sweet about it.. and compliment you on your fine trophy.. but as edgy as you are.. (and you admit is as you mentioned you like to tape your balls to your knees....) you got real offended and hurt... and had to get a little nasty.. really, better check that at the door at the academy.. if not they'll beat it, or work it outta ya.. and I don't care how western you think you are...

Hey Tim.. you're a tender foot I wouldn't mind showing the ropes... just leave the consipation at home... a few days riding and packin in the hills .. constipation is a sure thing.. no need to bring it with you....

shocked.gif

To all the rest, I'm done with this little tiff... sorry for waistin' the space here.. I just get rubbed the wrong way by him...

[ 03-23-2003: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]

slymule-
for argument sake, since you have started posting, i have not seen one thing that you are not good at, nothing you cant win at, you like everyone (except the wyowhisper guy), you know or have met just about anyone that is anyone, your a super cop wanna-be, everyone of your stories are true and you have phone numbers and people to back them (not that i or anyone would call), your mules are the best and couldnt lose, you have an answer for everything, your the 'innocent' one getting attacked, ect ect ect... i personally do NOT have anything against you - you havent said anything to me personally nor me to you, so i dont feel there is any negativity among us, but i do know some of the people you are talking to and i do know for a fact that they are not exactly the argumentative type. if i met you at an outdoors show you and i would start an enjoyable conversation and talk for hours. however in this message board i will say you do try to use peoples words against them, with a serious sarcastic undertone, which is taken out of context. so then this puts them on the defense. being confident is great but being arrogant is not exactly the a desired feature. but i too know what they teach in the academy and they are very much on the proactive side and how to defuse situation. i wish you luck in the academy but i cant say i would want to be caught out of state and find that you pulled me over.

Hunt724,
I'm not much of the argumentative type either until somebody decides to start throwing negative comments my way. Sorry, but I'm not going to apologize for not rolling over like a cowering dog, for I too know how to be sarcastic. If you choose to want to call me a super cop wannabe on top of all the other comments you made in reference to my character, then thats your perrogative. You see I can take that and not get all bent out of shape like you and WyoWhisper think I do. Yes, we would probably get along if we met because I get along with most people and tend to have alot of good friends I've made over the years. What I find laughable though is your comment about how you'd be afraid to get caught out of state and find that I was the one that pulled you over. I guess I'll have to bow to the higher authority since apparently both you and WyoWhisper know whats in store for me when I hit the academy. So.. I am choosing to take the advice of you who know more than I, by taking a proactive approach in diffusing the situation by repeating those words we've all heard before...I find that interesting.
wink.gif

WyoWhisper,
I'll take your advice and 'check' my reactionary attitude at the door of the academy. By the way, I'm sure its good advice and I do appreciate you giving it.

Your interpretation of our hunting seasons and how much time I spend with my wife and kids is flawed so I'm gonna take this opportunity to ease your mind. Every year I'll pack in at least one and sometimes two bowhunting camps. I usually take the wife and kids with me when I do this. I usually leave those guys alone cause thats the way they tend to like it. Once in awhile I'll take a ride up and check on them to make sure everythings alright and occasionally I'll spend the night in camp, but most of bow season will find me at home. All of our rifle seasons are 5-9 days in duration with several days in between seasons. The wife is usually with me for at least two of these seasons and up until this year when we took the boys (ages 4 and 6) with us, we used to leave them with their grandmother. My wife hunts also and alot of time its her family or friends thats in hunting camp so she spends alot of time in the woods also. So you see the wife and kids aren't getting neglected or left behind for 4 months of the year. I just thought you'd find that..interesting.

By the way, I liked the poodle story..I can just picture that happening.

Oh, and you don't need to offer up an apology because you "just don't think we'd get along" - I mean I wasn't wantin' to start datin' ya' or anything!
wink.gif
grin.gif

I too will bow out of this thread and I hold no grudges towards WyoWhisper..he just rubbed me the wrong way also.

grin.gif
Come on guys,this was just getten interestin! I was waitin fer the "yo mamma is soooo uuuugly" comments.
I'm new here but it kinda looks like a online bar fight.
I gotta stand up for slymule, I met him about three years ago while hunting in Colorado and he is one of the nicest guys I ever met ridin a mule
wink.gif

Steve

See, I woke up in a bad mood this morning.... this board usually gets me in a good mood then.. I read this crap... I don't hide my feelings to well...I have learned to control them better though, thats good and bad I suppose..

who are you, and what is your point, just addin fuel to the flames huh?? ( **** ok,ok be nice and drink your coffee...)

Howdy, welcome to Long Range Hunting, did you see the post "how are new members finding us" ? I'd be happy to learn more about ya.....

rolleyes.gif

Actionshooter, welcome to the family feud
wink.gif
. It's not that bad real funny sometimes when people don't get their morning coffee and doughnut
grin.gif

You will find a great wealth of information and gain alot of knowledgefor the members on this board. Even though some will tell you its day when you know that its night (just remember that when its night that somewhere it is day time
grin.gif
)

Sly what are the season dates for elk hunting in your area? Someone mentioned unit 72 or 77 any good?

Wyo when is a ggod time tohunt up that way when you are not totally booked up?

Texas,
The season dates in my area aren't any different than anywhere else in the state. There's four rifle seasons, the first season is an elk only season and is available thru the drawing. The next three seasons you can buy over the counter. The dates are as follows:
Oct. 11-15
Oct. 18-26
Nov. 1-7
Nov. 8-12

Don't know about unit 72, never hunted over there so I couldn't tell you how it stacks up. I hunted in 78 which borders 77 one year and it was okay, just a little too thick a hunting for my preference. We limited out that year in camp but we were sitting on 6 cow tags and 2 bull tags so it didn't take long to fill. Where we hunted was up Turkey Creek which was just outside of Pagosa Springs and to the north in the Weminuche Wilderness area. That countrys not real suitable for long range hunting, at least not where we were hunting.

Jimmys223,
Whatdaya' mean not that nice! You know come to think of it I got a new mule I'm gonna let you try out when you come out the next time Jim. No more of the wifes sweet little mule 'Thursday' for you - gonna put you on 'CORONA' instead. HEE HEEEE Do you know why I call her 'CORONA', Jim? Cause you'd better be drunk when you ride her. That way you'll be nice and relaxed when she throws ya' to the ground - most people bounce better across the ground when they're in a relaxed state of mind and body.
shocked.gif
grin.gif

sly, that will work just fine and dandy, brought back a hell of stockpile of Baily's when I was down in Mesquite.You had me worried there, thought you might want to put me on a #@^%** horse.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Nope, Not adding any fuel to the fire. Found this board thru a buddy. This was one of the first post I read,see these ****ing matches everywhere. No big surprise until I realize I know this guy. (slymule) He really is one of the good guys, He would give anyone the shirt of his back, even you Wyo.
All I was doin was trying to lighten the situation a little.
Wyo,from your response toward myself it seems your just looking for a fight anywhere you can find it.
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.