That doesn’t happen every day

338 dude

That doesn't happen every day
While trying out a new load on some steel at 400 yards on my home range this bobcat decided to take a stroll ,he could care less about all the shooting I guess
6D0E8FA2-9205-478F-ADA4-2B36BB2081CA.jpeg

They are usually shy animals, not often you get to see them.
I'd probably fired 8 to 10 rounds at that point it annoyed him but he was walking slow he was not scared. I was videoing my practice session or I would not of even got a picture of him I have a two minute video of him walking all the way across but cannot post it

I would have been testing to see if a bullet would pass through the bobcat and still ring the steel.

I was out shooting LR jackrabbits, amd had a coyote trot down the dirt road to within 40 yards of me laying prone and shooting. Needless to say, when he stopped to look at me, he took a dirt nap.

I'd probably fired 8 to 10 rounds at that point it annoyed him but he was walking slow he was not scared. I was videoing my practice session or I would not of even got a picture of him I have a two minute video of him walking all the way across but cannot post it
You have to upload the vid to the LRH site media file then link it. I have done it in past.

Over the many years of shooting I've seen quite a few critters walk out onto the range or across the line of fire. Most recently, an average size black bear walked out at the 300yd line just as I finished shooting at the 400yd line. No shots were fired as he sauntered his way across and walked into the treeline on the other side.

I can also remember when two whitetails walked out in front of the 400yd backstop and just stood there eating grass while the line was held up. Eventually, a guy decided to shoot over their backs so that they'd get out of the way. You would think that the deer would have bolted but they just walked away like nothing was going on.

Nice catch on that bobcat.