Thanksgiving

• Thread starter Deleted member 115374
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 115374

Hello all, It has been a helluva year. between Covid, Politics and the economy. But we still have things to be thankful for. Family comes to mind first for me then followed by the fact that I am thankful that I am an American, where we live in a country that allows us to do the things we do. Having said that I am thankful for all of you veterans out there along with the men and women who fought beside you or supported those who fought. At times some of us may have disagreed on some things, In my mind it doesn't matter. You and those before you have afforded us the luxury of living in the greatest country in the world. So with the utmost respect and gratitude I would like to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you. Happy Thanksgiving and a warm hello to those of you from across the pond.

I went to get my hair cut today and the barber said her dad passed away 2 weeks ago, then her nephews appendix ruptured while they were in the hospital saying their goodbyes, so emergency surgery for him, then 3 days later back in the hospital because the incision got infected...then later in the week her husband broke 2 ribs, and to make it all worse she has to come up with $2k that insurance didnt cover before she can collect her dads ashes.

Stories like that really remind us how much we truly have to be thankful for.

Thanks for the post. I too am thankful for America and those who pay for our freedom. I'm greatful for the constitution, and the inspired men who wrote it, especially for the second amendment. I'm greatful for our freedoms and for the divine gift of agency. Thanks to all those on this site that have been willing to share and help me in my endeavors to improve my shooting abilities. #givethanks.

I went to get my hair cut today and the barber said her dad passed away 2 weeks ago, then her nephews appendix ruptured while they were in the hospital saying their goodbyes, so emergency surgery for him, then 3 days later back in the hospital because the incision got infected...then later in the week her husband broke 2 ribs, and to make it all worse she has to come up with $2k that insurance didnt cover before she can collect her dads ashes.

Stories like that really remind us how much we truly have to be thankful for.
We buried my grandpa, and that night my niece was killed. Definitely gives you perspective on the fragility of life.

It has been tough, but we are always surrounded in God's grace and although our current times seem like we are all looking through a bad scope, giving during this season will never be more important as will our support for the children. I was fortunate enough to travel through country side today delivering gift bags our school put together and Iv'e never seen the country folk so grateful and the kids so excited to see their teachers even if it was at a distance.

I'm very thankful for my wife and family, as well as the friends I've made through this forum.

This year the wife and I put together some Thanksgiving boxes, that contained everything needed for a Turkey day dinner. The pastor at our church took them around today and gave them to some less fortunate families. So I'm thankful to have been able to do that as well.

I started back to church as I had some financial difficulties my buddy had a divorce recently and my wife works every weekend so I didn't want to go by myself so he said we can meet each other at church and then catch up over lunch. Since I have been back to church god has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. I started selling some ammo and supplies on gun broker and my sales have been off the charts. My first week I made 1200 last week I made 5k praise god and happy thanksgiving to all.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.