Thanksgiving fun!!!

270VARMINT

photo.jpg
204sfirstyote.jpg
15746_102532309768325_100000346693359
15746_102532309768325_100000346693359
Went out this am and got another one along wiht brother in law! starting to really get the handle on calling! loving my .204!!!!!

trying to post pic, but no luck! yet!http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs090.snc3/15746_102532309768325_100000346693359

Last edited:
Here's another pic of the ring of death! I
photo-1.jpg
love my .204!!!! Finally got the pic posting figured out! Thanks to the link in here on how to!

This was tuesday this week! I am finally getting this whole deal figured out! I really love coyote hunting and really enjoy the whole calling them in ordeal! Much better outcome than my old road farming process! Lots of trial and error! See I'm not the only one who loves my .204!!lol I am at five for this year already with aone day a double!!! hurrah! considering last year I only got one all year! Like I said lots of trial and error! Thanks to all on here posting advice!
img065.jpg

We can see you are enjoying a lot coyote hunting. Congrats and keep up the good job, keep on hunting and on posting!!!
What would you say was the advice or tip that worked the most for you, or the one that made the bigger difference from last year to this?

I would have to say being more patient!!! This would be the first, then it would be making sure I am not sented(use descent spray), along with learning more about the area. Like what types of food is running around, and lst but not least using a mix of calls from mouth calls to my priomos elctronic and one other cheap electronic call. I run as many as all three at the same time with differnet tones of the same distress. I am constantly learning each time I go out. For instance today their were lots of geese out and duck hunters int he distance shooting (distracting from my calls) we had to do a few more sets to get them comming in, but prevailed! Rule number one be patient andf don't give up! Read,read,read and practice, practice!

Hey lidspliter looks nice! gotta love them .204's! My next time out I'm going for some head shots to see how that ends! Should be nice!

post a pic of that!!! I've got one head shot notched on my stock. I hit the sucker in the nose & the 40gn v-max blew his mouth about off. the head, neck area is where I put the cross hairs 99% of the time. I just started hunting these critters hard last year, myself & must say it's quite a learning curve that seems to never end. the one element That I never try to compete with is the wind. If it's not in my favor, I don't hunt that farm that day. I keep a binder with an overhead photo from google earth of each farm, which has become my best scouting tool. It usually tells me where I can expect them to approach from. on each one, I write the wind directions desired for that location. keep wearing them out & keep us posted of the hunts!!!

I went out yesterday with my buddy and his daughter. They were both new to the fun of hunting yote's on a setup. I was using a montana decoy and a jonny stewart electronic call with a couple of mouth calls.
First set--- WE SEPERATED BY ABOUT 10 YARDS. I PUT THEM ON THE DOWN WIND SIDE. i HIT THE ELECTRONIC CALLER FOR A 30 SECOND BURST OF A DYING COTTONTAIL. I HAD HIT THE STOP BUTTON AND BANG.:D MY BUDDY HAD SCORED ON HIS FIRST DOG WITH HIS .204 AT 60 YARDS.
Second set--- WE MOVED 500YARDS UP THE RAVINE AND SETUP AGAIN. tHIS TIME I PUT THEM BEHIND ME SO THEY COULD COVER THE DOWNWIND SIDE. I HIT THE CALLER AGAIN FOR A 30 SECOND BURST. BAM. THERE WAS A COYOTE RUNNING AT FULL SPEED STRAIGHT DOWN THE MOUNTAIN TOWARDS ME. HE NEVER STOPPED TO OFFER A GOOD SHOT. HE CROSSED THE BOTTOM OF THE RAVINE AND CAME UP THE SIDE I WAS ON TOWARDS ME. HE STOPPED AT 15 YARDS WHEN HE SAW THE DECOY. BOOM.:D MY 243 WSSM WITH 58 GR. V-MAX WACKED HIM. SHOULD HAVE HAD A SHOTGUN.
Thrid set--- WE MOVED HIGHER UP THE RAVINE AGAIN. SAME SETUP WITH THEM ON THE DOWNWIND SIDE. I HIT THE CALLER AGAIN. NOTHING .HIT THE CALLER AGAIN FOR A 2 MINUTE SET. NOTHING AGIAN. USALLY AFTER 2 HITS ON THE CALLER I WILL START LOOKING THROUGH THE BINOS. BINGO!!! ON THE RIDGE AT 375 YARDS A YOTE IS SITTING AND WATHING. I HIT THE CALL AGAIN. HE DOESN'T MOVE. I USE THE MOUTH CALL. STILL DOESN'T MOVE. FINE IF THATS THE WAY HE WANTS IT I CAN PLAY THIS GAME. I RANGED HIM AGAIN. THE SWAROVSKI READ 375 YARDS. A MODERATE INCLINE. I DIALED THE KENTON TURRET ON MY LEUPOLD TO 350 YARDS. STEADY REST FROM THE BIPOD. AIMED FOR THE BOTTOM OF HIS THROAT. SQEEZED THE TRIGGER. gun)WATCHED THROUGH THE SCOPE AS THE V-MAX HIT HOME.
We set up 2 more tims but no dogs.
3 dogs in 5 sets. Not bad,
My buddy took the pics. When he sends them to me I will post them here or start a new thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.