Thanks to Len Backus and family!

Thanks, guys.

By the way, some may not know that LRH was started 19 years ago.

At the time I was a participant in a few other sites. Those other sites became pretty heated often when long range hunting was mentioned.

After a couple years of that kind of disrespect I had had it.

I started the LRH site and made it a sanctuary of sorts for long range discussions.
And thank you!

GB, what a nice thought! Thank you so much.

And what a nice day this has been in another way.

60 years ago today (March 30, 1960) I walked home from 8th grade in school, the cutest, smartest girl in the class --- my future wife --- Kathy!

And just now we got back from Leon's Drive-in where we went to have the best-in-the-world hot fudge sundae to celebrate the memory of that special 8th grade moment.

Len, what an amazing memory and anniversary celebration! Thanks for sharing that. Congrats to you and Kathy!

And thank you for the forum community!

Last edited:
Len, a friend of mine who passed away about a year and a half ago turned me on to this site. We would have long discussions over some of the reloading questions posed which were great. Since he passed I have turned to this site for answers and questions. It's been great.

I have also benefited from the classifieds both buying and selling.

Thank you to and the LRH crew.

Well done.

Not much I could add other than my thanks to you Len and your family. And congratulations to you and Kathy! I've only been a member for a couple of years but those two years have taught me a lot. That being said, I would like to thank the members that bring their knowledge to share with us also. Thanks again Len for a great forum. And thank you GB for posting.

Rhett

Thank you for the very nice sentiment GB. I know it means a lot to my dad and it means a lot to me and the rest of our family too.

And I would like to thank my dad for starting LRH way back when also. At the time it was just a way to learn more and share information about a hobby he was passionate about. Fast forward 19 years and we've met so many great people and had so many great adventures because of it.

I agree that in these strange times this community is a very important part of many of our lives.

Thank you Len and congratulations on your milestone!
I'm an old guy that loves rifles and handloading. It is incredible the wealth of knowledge on this forum. Thanks for making it available. I have made some great friends that I'll probably never see and learned an incredible volume. Kudos to you Len.

happy anniversary

thanks for the site I have been here for only about a year but I have learned so much

This is also making my working from home a little more tolerable

Len this web site is the best. It has nursed me through recovery from a freak accident on my ATV and a few years after that 2 different spine operations. The information here has guided me through 2 rifle builds. I still look forward to the email every morning. Also congratulations on you and Kathy being together for so many years. My wife and I have been together for 52 years.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.