Thank you for allowing me to become a member.

Good Sunday morning to all.
I am looking forward to having access to the collective knowledge of this group, also hope I can add to that also.
A brief bio of me.
Formal education was in Photography, owned and operated a Portrait and Commercial studio 1976 to 1991.
Started helping a friend in the early days of C Band home TVRO, factory certified repair from Panasonic, Fujitsu, and Channel Master.
When the switch was made to go to KU Band (small dish), the shop transitioned to PC repair.
Owners retired, I had find a real job.
Worked for a softwareally development company in their IT Dept, sys admin, backup operator, and it help desk for hardware issues.
6 months for a Directv call center, never again will work in a call center!
Then for aN IT contractor, in an adjoining county in Alabama as the IT Pro, and administrator for the Fiber Optic to all city and county schools.
Now retired and can do what I want too at the time I want, unless the honey do list takes president.
Built a custom US Remington Model Springfield 3006. I got for sheet rocking a kitchen.
McGowan premium barrel, the '06 had been sporterised before I got it in 1982.
It has been my main hunting rifle ever since, removed the Williams Receiver site, and had the action drilled and tapped for a scope, 3X9x40, been running the "vintage Tasco" up until a month ago, bought modern glass and 30mm tube.
The old Weaver bases would not allow the new shorted scopen to mount.
Fibally have aN EGW undrilled Pic rail, it is in transit now.
Next to a local machine shop to have the 0 MOA rail drilled to fit the existing holes, so as not to have extra holes in the receiver.
They are just enough out that a predrilled 03 mount not fit.
When I first the rifle finished I was able to put the first 5 shot string under a nickel at a measured 100 meters.
The bore still looks like new, I hope the new optics help my lod eyes now.
The closest composite stock I could find back in 82 was a Mauser action stock, made it work, looks like a mud fence, works fine just a wee bit ugly...
I am looking for a new composite stock, I feel like I am looking for hens teeth.
May end up building my own, unless I can find a used McMillan sporter or first choice McMillan Tactical stock.. no they do not have anything for Springfield '06, any longer.
So here we are waiting on a Picatinney rail mount.
Then to the range to sight in, and learn use the mil dot.
I am a believer in if it works don't fix it. I don't see me being under gunned for anything in North America.
Bunnies to buffalo, is good enough for me.
Where are you in MS— we have members near Jackson and I am in Cleveland

Good Sunday morning to all.
I am looking forward to having access to the collective knowledge of this group, also hope I can add to that also.
A brief bio of me.
Formal education was in Photography, owned and operated a Portrait and Commercial studio 1976 to 1991.
Started helping a friend in the early days of C Band home TVRO, factory certified repair from Panasonic, Fujitsu, and Channel Master.
When the switch was made to go to KU Band (small dish), the shop transitioned to PC repair.
Owners retired, I had find a real job.
Worked for a softwareally development company in their IT Dept, sys admin, backup operator, and it help desk for hardware issues.
6 months for a Directv call center, never again will work in a call center!
Then for aN IT contractor, in an adjoining county in Alabama as the IT Pro, and administrator for the Fiber Optic to all city and county schools.
Now retired and can do what I want too at the time I want, unless the honey do list takes president.
Built a custom US Remington Model Springfield 3006. I got for sheet rocking a kitchen.
McGowan premium barrel, the '06 had been sporterised before I got it in 1982.
It has been my main hunting rifle ever since, removed the Williams Receiver site, and had the action drilled and tapped for a scope, 3X9x40, been running the "vintage Tasco" up until a month ago, bought modern glass and 30mm tube.
The old Weaver bases would not allow the new shorted scopen to mount.
Fibally have aN EGW undrilled Pic rail, it is in transit now.
Next to a local machine shop to have the 0 MOA rail drilled to fit the existing holes, so as not to have extra holes in the receiver.
They are just enough out that a predrilled 03 mount not fit.
When I first the rifle finished I was able to put the first 5 shot string under a nickel at a measured 100 meters.
The bore still looks like new, I hope the new optics help my lod eyes now.
The closest composite stock I could find back in 82 was a Mauser action stock, made it work, looks like a mud fence, works fine just a wee bit ugly...
I am looking for a new composite stock, I feel like I am looking for hens teeth.
May end up building my own, unless I can find a used McMillan sporter or first choice McMillan Tactical stock.. no they do not have anything for Springfield '06, any longer.
So here we are waiting on a Picatinney rail mount.
Then to the range to sight in, and learn use the mil dot.
I am a believer in if it works don't fix it. I don't see me being under gunned for anything in North America.
Bunnies to buffalo, is good enough for me.
If you have a rig that works well for you, find
another project, I've been hunting with a 30-06 for 45 years, it's never failed me. Either go bigger for long distances, ie mountain hunting or go smaller, high velocity stuff for the prairies for kicks, I have a necked down 223 to .17 making a custom super mag, takes care of the varmits bothering the cattle from 600 yards flat