Thank you for allowing me to become a member.

OldSchool3006

Good Sunday morning to all.
I am looking forward to having access to the collective knowledge of this group, also hope I can add to that also.
A brief bio of me.
Formal education was in Photography, owned and operated a Portrait and Commercial studio 1976 to 1991.
Started helping a friend in the early days of C Band home TVRO, factory certified repair from Panasonic, Fujitsu, and Channel Master.
When the switch was made to go to KU Band (small dish), the shop transitioned to PC repair.
Owners retired, I had find a real job.
Worked for a softwareally development company in their IT Dept, sys admin, backup operator, and it help desk for hardware issues.
6 months for a Directv call center, never again will work in a call center!
Then for aN IT contractor, in an adjoining county in Alabama as the IT Pro, and administrator for the Fiber Optic to all city and county schools.
Now retired and can do what I want too at the time I want, unless the honey do list takes president.
Built a custom US Remington Model Springfield 3006. I got for sheet rocking a kitchen.
McGowan premium barrel, the '06 had been sporterised before I got it in 1982.
It has been my main hunting rifle ever since, removed the Williams Receiver site, and had the action drilled and tapped for a scope, 3X9x40, been running the "vintage Tasco" up until a month ago, bought modern glass and 30mm tube.
The old Weaver bases would not allow the new shorted scopen to mount.
Fibally have aN EGW undrilled Pic rail, it is in transit now.
Next to a local machine shop to have the 0 MOA rail drilled to fit the existing holes, so as not to have extra holes in the receiver.
They are just enough out that a predrilled 03 mount not fit.
When I first the rifle finished I was able to put the first 5 shot string under a nickel at a measured 100 meters.
The bore still looks like new, I hope the new optics help my lod eyes now.
The closest composite stock I could find back in 82 was a Mauser action stock, made it work, looks like a mud fence, works fine just a wee bit ugly...
I am looking for a new composite stock, I feel like I am looking for hens teeth.
May end up building my own, unless I can find a used McMillan sporter or first choice McMillan Tactical stock.. no they do not have anything for Springfield '06, any longer.
So here we are waiting on a Picatinney rail mount.
Then to the range to sight in, and learn use the mil dot.
I am a believer in if it works don't fix it. I don't see me being under gunned for anything in North America.
Bunnies to buffalo, is good enough for me.

Thanks Tiny Tim!
After looking around I realized the expanse of knowledge here.
I hope I can help in some small way.
I have been reloading, 45 ACP, 30-06 Springfield and 38 SPL.
since the early 80s.
And with the way the world is going I want to start reloading 12 Ga in 2 3/4 and 3 inch mag.
First things first is to get modern optics on my '03 Springfield.
Hope your day is as you want it to be.

Welcome OldSchool. I'm new here too. These people know there stuff and are quick to help. I really like it here, have learned a ton already, and think you will too.
Thank you AllenRay!
After l looked around, I saw a welt of collective knowledge here.
I hope I can give some help here also.
I reload for 45 ACP, Springfield 30-06, and 38 Spl, soon to add 12 Ga 2&3/4 inch and 3 inch mag.

Thank you AllenRay!
After l looked around, I saw a welt of collective knowledge here.
I hope I can give some help here also.
I reload for 45 ACP, Springfield 30-06, and 38 Spl, soon to add 12 Ga 2&3/4 inch and 3 inch mag.
I'm certain you have much to offer as well Oldschool. My day is going well and hope yours is too. Sorry I cant help with the stock. Have you checked with places like Boyd's or Stockey's Stocks?
I have crawled the Web many times in the last 3 or 4 years, seems like I missed an auction or used private sales.
I am starting to think about making my own with foam and fiber glass or carbon fiber, using foam as the core, I have an old friend that retired after making prosthetic limbs, so I have his knowledge of using vacuum molding.
That way I can build in the length of pull and cheek riser, to my personal specs, no fiddly screw threads to jam with dirt.
Also I can add in metal bedding blocks and for arm struts for ridgity for the bipod.
The more I think about it and how much Web crawling I have done, I could have made a couple now.
Now I have see if the wife is on board, that should not be a problem, she has never said anything about my spending on firearms, I know I am blessed to have her.

Sounds like you have already gone down the rabbit hole. Far different than many, similar to a few. Your work history shows a certain level of humility, as you have changed job specs enough that you have been ever learning. To learn means you acknowledge that someone else has some knowledge you lack. Seems to be a lifelong pursuit. That also means your mind is still pliable. I look forward to hearing more about your ventures