Thank God for Chevy trucks

Sockeye66

Was T-boned today by a drunk driver doing 40+ a block from my house. Caught a split second glimpse prior to impact, hit me right at the back of my drivers door and knocked me through a stop sign and ironically onto the lawn of our volunteer fire station. Just got back after being transported by ambulance. Cuts, bumps and bruises but thanful to be alive.

Thank God, though I'm sure your truck helped too.
Glad you're OK, heal up.
Similar happened to me, broadsided right in front of fire station. Would probably have died had it been any where else. Felt the presence of God and watched from above as the paramedics revived me.

Thanks to all for the prayers and advice, a liitle more irony is that yesterday was my 54th birthday. I had a tonneau cover on the bed and the bed was already packed for my hunting trip to Idaho. My generator and the rest of the supplies were scattered across the fire station lawn. I'm very thankful that the driver didn't hit any of the kids as their were many out and about including my own. I'm really feeling it this morning.

I was T boned three years ago. I was in a Ford truck, I had almost taken the car we had at the time but my wife threw me the truck keys instead. After that experience and knowing how much worse off I would have been in a car I basically only will drive trucks or SUVs. Glad you're safe brother, being T boned is an experience...and it sucks lol.

I do think the pipe style running board might have helped.

Attachments

• IMG-1961.jpg
    IMG-1961.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.