texture for synthetic stock

here is a picture of my stock it was done with lilith charcoal i also did some web searching and found a page that shows all of the colors that are offered and they can custom mix any of the colors that you want http://www.zolatoneaim.com/z20_1.html
sorry if picture isn't all that clear don't have a very good camera. i also believe that this is the same finnish that basner uses on there stocks.
1217CIMG0016-med.JPG

Plasti-kote makes a paint called stone touch that looks just like your Zolotone , its semi durable nothing like the Zolotne but the look is almost identical.

I've tried several rattle cans to get a good finish and have found the rattle can bed liner to work great but if you want a differant color than black or white then it has to be repainted. I've got a new Dura-cote kit that I'm playing with and I'm wondering just how ell their paint works on the bed liner.

jdjones,
you will be very happy with your duracoat kit that stuff sticks to everything as long as you get it clean before you apply it. my remington was sprayed with black and it has only come off in the high wear areas and looks great it got such a deep color. i like parkerizing better but that just my 2 cents

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts