Texas whitetail recommendations

scottyboy

i originally posted this in the regional section, figured i would give it a go here to see if i can drum up another response or 2.

i am looking for some suggestions for a Texas hunt that i am going (maybe i should say 'wanting') to go on 2018. we will be in Texas visiting my wifes' family near San Antonio, and i convinced her as long as we are there, we might as well extend our trip by 1 week so i could hunt...she agreed!

i am looking mostly in the west texas / hill country area (but am of course open to any areas) for either aoudad or white tail. i am not looking for any world record type animals, just a quality hunt - - with more emphasis being on a 'family friendly' type lodge, where my wife and kids can hang out or drive to a town and do some shopping/sightseeing etc i understand that the 2 species i would be interested are opposite ends of the spectrum and really doesnt help narrow anything down, but if there was a outfit that offered either species in the family friendly atmosphere i would choose it

any ideas, thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated. thank you in advance! scott

Star s ranch in mason. About 1.5 hours north west of San Antonio. They have both white tail and audad. I hunted them this past jan and it was a great hunt. Extremely Nice logde for the family. I enjoyed it enough to rebook again.

Contact Dan Moody in Pearsall, Tx ( a tad south of San Antone) 1 888 561 8031

He has access to many, many ranches for exotics, whitetails of all sizes and can hunt hogs anyway you want, from dogs/knives to night shooting. Hes a good man. Tell him Rev Jim Knight told you to call. :)

Yes thanks rev. Always looking for new places to hunt and experience. Does he do just hog hunts also. I may piggy back a hunt for just hogs after. My hunt at star s ranch.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts