Texas or New Mexico Auodad/Mule deer

huntokanogan

I am looking for information on hunting Auodad sheep in Texas or New Mexico. I would like to find a local with knowledge of where to find them and how to hunt them. Even better someone with a ranch that has them.
I am interested in hunting mule deer as well.
I am a guide from Washington state and would like to discuss a hunt swap.
Washington is the most under-reted mule deer state in the country (I have the photos to prove it) and we have good bear hunting as well as Salmon/Steelhead fishing on the Columbia river.
If interested pm me or email me at [email protected]

Depending on your budget for mule deer for Texas you would want to try the larger ranches north of Van Horn or south of Sierra Blanca. Seen the biggest of bucks come out of those areas for years but hunts are not cheap.

For aoudad I have had a bunch of friends hunt NM and it is a rare feat to harvest a ram over 30" on public land. Private lands hunt cost as much as a Texas hunt so better off booking in Texas.

Focus on ranches in Presidio, Brewster, Terrell, and Val Verde area this pocket has some monster free range rams!

Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.