Texas heart shot w/ 300 gr MK graphic

Jim the Plumber17

Did a little calling in eastern WA last Sunday. Got this one to sneak up to about 230 yards. When I spotted her she busted us at the same time and took off away at about half speed. I clicked on 2.5 minutes elevation as I slid prone behind my 338 Lapua while Gabe tried to stop her with his mouth call but all she did was look over her shoulder and kept going away. I got the cross hairs just over her head and sent a 300 grain Sierra Match King down range at 2700 fps. The bullet hit just below the tail, totally gutting her. I watched the dust fly under and beyond the coyote, she seemed to continue running for a half second or so then piled up hard.
Shot was 311 yards
244s3rr.jpg

Yup! Looks like you're running the Seekin's bottom metel and rings as well.
What load are you using for your 300 grainers?

You are correct on the Seekins, great stuff

I am useing Lapua cases, Fed 215M primers and 92 grains of H-1000 for a velocity of 2791 SPS

Great shot!!! Little target running like that at that distance, not easy to beat that onegun)
Congrats.

Yeah, but you don't have anywhere to shoot varmints at 300+ yards back there! Too many houses and trees!

Notice, you can't even see ONE tree in that picture!!

Bill

I figured I would step down to the Lapua, as the .338-.408 seems a bit much. Besides, the Lapua will be easier for you to carry when you take me hunting out there...:rolleyes:

I figured I would step down to the Lapua, as the .338-.408 seems a bit much. Besides, the Lapua will be easier for you to carry when you take me hunting out there...:rolleyes:

Come on out! Just remember that I'm the guy that is really good at HUNTING for coyotes, not the guy that is really good at FINDING coyotes, unless I have no guns available! LOL!!:D

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.