Texas Axis for Western Hunt?

Creekrat

So my cousin and I want to do a western hunt in 2021, our first, and we are behind the ball so to speak. We are working at compiling resources and learning the draw systems and whatnot. What we potentially have to offer is an Axis deer hunt just outside of San Antonio. The area is not set up for a stalk hunt but if we lined something up with someone the fields would be prepped and ready to give you this best possible chance at taking home at least one animal for the freezer and hopefully something that is wall hanger material. Our only wants are that we don't want to make the trip for a whitetail or axis. We'd love an elk, antelope or bear but pretty much anything is on the table.

Hahah that's fair I don't have a good deer unit that doesn't take a bunch of points for non res or res for that matter elk is a whole different story because they can be feast or famine. Sorry not much help. Good luck if you want pm me I may be able to give some insight on where some decent place to look at.

So my cousin and I want to do a western hunt in 2021, our first, and we are behind the ball so to speak. We are working at compiling resources and learning the draw systems and whatnot. What we potentially have to offer is an Axis deer hunt just outside of San Antonio. The area is not set up for a stalk hunt but if we lined something up with someone the fields would be prepped and ready to give you this best possible chance at taking home at least one animal for the freezer and hopefully something that is wall hanger material. Our only wants are that we don't want to make the trip for a whitetail or axis. We'd love an elk, antelope or bear but pretty much anything is on the table.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.