Testing Wildcat bullet BCs

You may be right in that sometimes my posts can be confusing... but I paraphrased because I didn't have a reason to post the full text of our emails. Never mind the fact that doing so would be improper.

[ QUOTE ]
its already been 5 days and I haven't heard anything. I don't think it ever took him more than 3 hours to respond before...

[/ QUOTE ]

Kirby says in another post that Richard is hunting this weekend into this coming week.

I have read all the posts from you and everyone else it seems that too much was said by members that had not tried the product.This seems to be a common problem here, there has been way too much speculation with no factual evidence on a lot of products it's time to clean it up.

Well, i have no dog in this fight, but....

" Try asking Sierra, Hornady, Speer or any other bullet manufacturer to send bullets for testing and see what they say. "

Yes, sierra has sent me some 240's to test no problem, no charge.

Also, predictions SUCK, made by the diemaker to SELL DIES, Richard just got caught in the middle.

Someone NEEDS to TEST the bullets to get ACTUAL numbers. Im guessing Brent and Henry CHilds are the only ones with a setup to test them.

We NEED numbers to go by other then the die makers projections!

Hopefully this all works out and we get real world data. Personaly i also cant wait to get the update on the 169.5gn 30 cals...

YMMV,
JB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jb1000br,

I can't tell you exact numbers on the 169.5 but I can tell you that a BC of .550 matches my drop out to 1000yds pretty good. Still need to do more testing and tweaking. I can say for sure that these things shoot extremely well in my rifle. Under .5 MOA. That's the most important thing anyway!!!

[ QUOTE ]
jb1000br,

I can't tell you exact numbers on the 169.5 but I can tell you that a BC of .550 matches my drop out to 1000yds pretty good. Still need to do more testing and tweaking. I can say for sure that these things shoot extremely well in my rifle. Under .5 MOA. That's the most important thing anyway!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill any chance i could get 2-50 of them to see if they will work with my seating requirements?

shoot me an EMAIL if you can part with ANY.

Thanks,
JB

Abinok,

ANy bullet that I have printed a B.C for that is still in production has also been listed as a prediction or that this is what we are expecting to get.

I list the b.c. for but bullets I have tested and state just that and do my best to do so and state when it is a prediction or a number from actual testing.

As far as getting accurate data for a bullet you are going to use, the only accurate way to do this is to test them in your rifle in your conditions, you can not get "accurate" data second hand on any bullet. At least not that will be used at 1000 yards and beyond.

I personally do not feel you are out to get Richard, I just feel that there were several areas in the original postings that made you come off as you were and as such if I were to read them concerning my products I would feel the same way Richard did.

When you read an intitial post like that its hard to give it a second chance to see what the poster is really meaning.

I do not have any ill will toward you or anyone else on this sight, I just feel the only real way to test these bullets is to do it in person on your own. Looking to pull a number off the web may get you a starting point but so will actual range testing. In fact, range testing will get you far more meaningful data then any printed number from a second hand source including my printed data.

This has been my point all along.

Kirby Allen (50)

In my 7 year tenure as a Microsoft Engineer I was very well known in the company for being a major A-Hole in email while those I talked to on the phone or personally found me extremely likable.
What I (we, with the help of others) found out is that email can be too easily misinterpreted. Once the wrong impression is made bias takes over and problems escalate. My MS file indicates I had the highest cust service rating in my division and at the same time an exceptionally hi rate of ****ing off management. This apparent inconsistency was due to the fact I <font color="red"> always emailed management </font> with problems / disputes / differences etc and <font color="red"> I AWAYS Called Customers on the phone </font> when there was any Hint or possibility of mis-communication.

Personally I'm convinced that abinok has no malicious intentions toward Richard but his terse communication style is like mine and easily misinterpreted. I was only able to overcome that problem by having my dispute email to management pre-screened/reviewed by my peers.

I'm hoping at this point we can
<ul type="square"> [*] give each other the benefit of doubt [*]Stop the senseless mind reading/speculation on motives
[*]make progress on testing Richards excellent bullets. [*]Drop this He Thought, He Wrote, His Intentions were Thread [*]Review the WildCatBullets site and help ricka figure out all the Terms [/list]

B1g_b0re,

I would agree with your comments. It is very hard to get a true feel for a persons comment from type as we can add any emotion we want to the text.

Good post. Nuf said in my opinion, back to shooting!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

[ QUOTE ]
Well, i have no dog in this fight, but....

" Try asking Sierra, Hornady, Speer or any other bullet manufacturer to send bullets for testing and see what they say. "

Yes, sierra has sent me some 240's to test no problem, no charge.

Also, predictions SUCK, made by the diemaker to SELL DIES, Richard just got caught in the middle.

Someone NEEDS to TEST the bullets to get ACTUAL numbers. Im guessing Brent and Henry CHilds are the only ones with a setup to test them.

We NEED numbers to go by other then the die makers projections!

Hopefully this all works out and we get real world data. Personaly i also cant wait to get the update on the 169.5gn 30 cals...

YMMV,
JB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just bought all he had. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chawlston

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and before I forget, don't call richard to ask him about the BCs on his bullets. He has not tested them yet, and the BCs he quotes are estimations based on various data provided by his die makers. According to other forum members, richard has been reluctant to provide BC numbers at all for this very reason. I mentioned this repeatedly in my origional thread, but apparently some forum members missed this. Don't bother Richard with questions about how he gets the BCs discussed around here.Give the man a chance to do what he does, that being make bullets!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems as though some of the posters on this forum have really ticked off and/or berated a really good guy (Richard). I ordered all the 169.5 grainers he had and when I asked him about the ballistic coefficient, he indicated that it was better than a pumpkin falling off the back of a pickup truck. That is good enough for me because some of the other manufacturers bullets I have tested either were too pressure finnicky or down right wrong on the BC.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting the new pills and will post my BC test results out of the rifles I shoot. Remember that each different barrel will change the BC of the bullet differntly from another barrel due to the groove size and land height. For me, the only BC test that matters is the true trajectory of the pill going to the game or target.

One more point..... Try to get a bullet manufacturer to send the bullets and allow you to pay after they arrive!

Chawlston

In my humble opinion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif We type it ,but we really dont mean it.IMHO........thats some bs we hide behind to enlighten others that are not as nimble in the cerebal as we are. If anyone has followed adam in oklahoma"s replys, posts , etc. they will be convinced that he only seeks the truth. I dont know him other than watching reading his and others posts. I am further convinced that he bears no ill will towards any one that posts here or else where.Candid questions and replys can be and are easily misunderstood /judged when viewed without the wonderful and necessary personal touches that are part of face to face communications.What is at stake here is the ability / right of each of us to pose a question without being afraid /subject to a witch hunt.One additional note , What is wrong with questioning any! new development /component ?????Hard numbers are the only thing that can further the anal/extreme discipline pursued here! I realize that that was far more or far less than two cents worth so thanks for indulging me. your weakest link ,Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts