Teslong borescope issue?

lamiglas

Hi there, The day I received this scope, I downloaded the app and followed the directions and it worked great. Super impressed with the scope! Since that day, when I plug it in it says the app is closing abnormally and will restart soon. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. Any ideas? I an using a Samsung S10. I think its a phone issue and not a scope issue? Which endoscope app did you all use? Thanks for any suggestions. Also, I emailed Teslong and I am waiting for a reply. Thanks

This is the one I'm using on a galaxy s10 and it's worked pretty well. Sometimes it freaks out if I get a text or call, but for the most part it has been great.

Edit: I double checked and I have a S8 not S10...apparently I dont care as much about what phone I'm using as I do about my borescope. Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200113-193642_Endoscope Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20200113-193642_Endoscope Camera.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Was looking at a scope today at HomeDepot...basic load into phone style...but the camera end is large and probably won't fit down the barrel....unless maybe a 30 cal....
What size head is on your camera....
Saw another at harbor freight that was gonna cost about 100$ but had a 5.5mm end.....

It's the 49.99 Teslong I have been reading alot about on this forum. I havent measured the OD of the camera, but it's small. It fit easily down a 6.5 barrel. I can throw the calipers on it tomorrow if you want to know for sure. The scope is really impressive.

Hey Lami......how's the weather up there....been cold and snowy down here.....
Yeah...if you could caliper that lens end it would be appreciated.....
Small enough to go down 25 barrel....

I got another app to work!! 26reload...we got quite a bit of snow over the weekend but not enough ice for fishing yet. Well not for me anyway. I just measure and the OD is .196

This is the one I'm using on a galaxy s10 and it's worked pretty well. Sometimes it freaks out if I get a text or call, but for the most part it has been great.
I am using the same app on a S8 Samsung and it has worked great for the past couple of months. The company that sells the scopes is great to deal with. Contact them, might be something wrong with the scope itself.

I know your scopes can fit down the barrel...just wondering if one of the in-store scopes at 29$ is good enough to see carbon buildup in the neck area....

Mine throats looked dirty....so I plugged the barrels of three rifles and put some wipe out in there with rifle standing on muzzle....left it sit for about 3 hours while doing chores...pushed the plugs thru and things looked really clean.....
But can't see the leading edge of the neck area.....

I am not sure if any of the "in store" scopes can or not, but can tell you for sure the teslong I got could! I am not looking to start any arguments but I have access to a Hawkeye and for my uses I like the Teslong better.

Not arguing about anything....just thinking before buying...
If fhe throat is gone....doesnt that usually happen well before barrel fatigue....
And a camera small enough to fit into the case may or may not have enough resolution to see to the front of the neck....maybe not....

Sorry 26 reload I wasn't meaning that you were arguing. I was referring to my comment about like this scope better than a Hawkeye. I am sure there may be some that would question that statement. Regarding what your dealing with, I am not sure but believe the teslong would have enough clarity and resolution to help.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.