Teslong borescope issue?

Well...the ones that showed today was a bust....
Don't recall which it was...but the box did not say Teslong on it anywhere...
The camera head was small enough to go thru the 257 barrel..
The mirror was too large to fit the barrel...and it was made with reflective plastic that was scratched thru the middle....could not see the leads enough to even guess at how dirty it was.....
Whichever app was selected fired right up....
The camera was for 2" viewing.....
Enough thoughts...can read your minds...already processed to ship back and Teslong digital on the way......

Hi there, The day I received this scope, I downloaded the app and followed the directions and it worked great. Super impressed with the scope! Since that day, when I plug it in it says the app is closing abnormally and will restart soon. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. Any ideas? I an using a Samsung S10. I think its a phone issue and not a scope issue? Which endoscope app did you all use? Thanks for any suggestions. Also, I emailed Teslong and I am waiting for a reply. Thanks
Down load the QR reader if you haven't already,and scan the code in the directions that came with the Teslong. There are numerous apps available in the app store. I could not get my phone to work until I did it this way. Good luck.

Help!!! I can't get the scope to connect to the internet. Following the limited instructions I get to the settings app and find the ScopeAround app and it seems to connect to my IPhone 8 but then says it's not connected to the internet. My internet is working fine and I am computer challenged. Thanks for the help.
Are you saying your phone is now not connected to the internet after you connect the scope to your phone WiFi? If so, it is because you are now using the wifi on your phone to connect to your scope instead of the internet.

Got my new Teslong digital scope today.....
And a few pics.... 2020-01-20-16-37-15.jpg 2020-01-20-16-37-41.jpg 2020-01-20-16-37-58.jpg
The 3006 I recently purchased...shows these cracks....alarming...
2020-01-20-16-46-05.jpg 2020-01-20-16-45-42.jpg these from the 26 nosler....
2020-01-20-16-42-02.jpg 2020-01-20-16-43-10.jpg these from the 65284....
2020-01-20-16-41-12.jpg 2020-01-20-16-41-22.jpg these from the 280ai....

So which one is worst......

I haven't shot the 06.....
280ai @100yd...2626fps...168lrab...factory noodle barrel rechambered from 280...2 close to touching...one off by 1"...
Less than 100 down barrel since purchased...was purchased used...supposedly not fired after rechamber.....

[email protected] rifle...1.5-2"...but doesn't seem to open up anymore at 300...oddly....
Maybe 200 down barrel....purchsed from nosler after used for test firing.....

[email protected]".....142lrab....liteweight
rifle..rechambered from 260 rem...maybe 250 down barrel

Off bench...sand bags...no brakes...
I would have thought they would be in better shape....

And a few pics....View attachment 170581 View attachment 170582 View attachment 170583
View attachment 170584 View attachment 170585 these from the 26 nosler....
View attachment 170588 View attachment 170587 these from the 65284....
View attachment 170589 View attachment 170590 these from the 280ai....

Looks pretty normal to me. How far down the bore does the heat checking go? The leade looks to be where it should be. That is what determines seating depth.

Make sure you order the Teslong that says "borescope". That's where I made my mistake, I just ordered the inspection scope, and it would not focus close enough to inspect the barrel and throat. An email to Teslong customer service got a quick reply (they are in China, so remember the time difference. I got my response about 2:00 am Central Time). They sent me the correct cable FREE !! They said it was free to me in order to provide excellent customer service !!! The scope works perfect, Just order the $49.99 Teslong "borescope". I think the diameter is about 5 mm or so.

edited to add: They ship from China, and it goes through US Customs, but I got the scope (and later the other cable), in about three days. It arrived by DHL. Order now before they sell out !!

And a few pics....View attachment 170581 View attachment 170582 View attachment 170583
View attachment 170584 View attachment 170585 these from the 26 nosler....
View attachment 170588 View attachment 170587 these from the 65284....
View attachment 170589 View attachment 170590 these from the 280ai....

Just bought one myself. I will say that owning one will probably send chills down your spine. My plan is to go off how they shoot and after they quit see what the damage is. My main reason for purchase was watching for carbon rings. Which I found in my newest rifle...

My Teslong borescope shows some severe cracks across the lance, and reading here I identify them as "heat cracks". This barrel is from a 7 mm Blaser with 1000-1200 shots through (poor shooter)
If this is heat cracks and deterioration of a barrel, do any one know how to prevent this in a new barrel??
Pictures I have seen here is mild compare to mine. Some of the worst cracks is before the mussel??
Now further after have view other pictures more closely from others, I do think the cracks across the riflings is left tool marks, this is a Shilen barrel. The barrel was shooting great for the first 800 shots or so with these cracks so perhaps I have other issues.
I have now had a look at some of my other rifle barrels, they do not show these crack across the riflings it must be how the Shilen barrel was made??

Attachments

• 200710_151846.jpg
    200710_151846.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 200710_151629.jpg
    200710_151629.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 200710_144549.jpg
    200710_144549.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I bought a teslong about 6 months ago and its already going to crap. It will start up and work for a few seconds until the picture starts blinking and cutting out then it says camera disconnected. I think its an issue with the cable or the mini-usb connector as it gets worse as I move it around. Guess 50 bucks for a borescope was too good to be true. Anyone else had this problem?

I think the original OP problem is with an Android phone. If you have a newer phone, the latest operating system update , 10 i think, doesn't support a lot of the apps. Teslong mentions this and says to contact their support team.

I think the original OP problem is with an Android phone. If you have a newer phone, the latest operating system update , 10 i think, doesn't support a lot of the apps. Teslong mentions this and says to contact their support team.
Thats good to know. That explains why it never would work with my new galaxy s10 phone. I just use it with my older samsung phone. But I believe my problem is a hardware problem, specifically with the cable.

Edit...it worked for about the first 10 times I used it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.