Teslong borescope issue?

I know your scopes can fit down the barrel...just wondering if one of the in-store scopes at 29$ is good enough to see carbon buildup in the neck area....

Mine throats looked dirty....so I plugged the barrels of three rifles and put some wipe out in there with rifle standing on muzzle....left it sit for about 3 hours while doing chores...pushed the plugs thru and things looked really clean.....
But can't see the leading edge of the neck area.....
Do the one's you're talking about just look forward? The teslong has a mirror that screws onto the end so you can see the walls of the bore better, all the pictures folks have posted using a forward looking scope dont compare to what the teslong shows with that little mirror. I can actually tell what I'm looking at with the teslong vs. some of the pics I've seen using mirrorless scopes where I cant. I'm sure the guys who have been using that kind forever can accurately interpret what they see, but straight out of the box, first time ever looking into a barrel I could easily understand what I was looking at.

A couple I saw had mirrors but I would have to say the mirror made it to big to use in most smaller caliber rifles....
Harbor freight had a 5.5mm which I believe is .22" or so...but I don't know about the accessories like the mirror....
So I would hqve to venture a guess that teslong is probably the best way to go.....
Info appreciated.....

Some I took

Attachments

• 134852E7-CCA7-4B2F-9115-B1BDE80B595A.jpeg
    134852E7-CCA7-4B2F-9115-B1BDE80B595A.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 95
  • F474E255-5724-460B-B647-573BFD00D395.jpeg
    F474E255-5724-460B-B647-573BFD00D395.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 92
  • A25C40D9-5B09-4BBF-B73A-E600F1BAFADA.jpeg
    A25C40D9-5B09-4BBF-B73A-E600F1BAFADA.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 9FFBC6D7-A7F8-4259-BC75-B3C85041D991.jpeg
    9FFBC6D7-A7F8-4259-BC75-B3C85041D991.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 106
sometimes the app on my phone wigs out. I just close all other apps and reopen with no problem.

So you guys just got the stiffer cable that has all the adapters to fit your phone's.....
I hope....mine supposed to show tomorrow.....

Hi there, The day I received this scope, I downloaded the app and followed the directions and it worked great. Super impressed with the scope! Since that day, when I plug it in it says the app is closing abnormally and will restart soon. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. Any ideas? I an using a Samsung S10. I think its a phone issue and not a scope issue? Which endoscope app did you all use? Thanks for any suggestions. Also, I emailed Teslong and I am waiting for a reply. Thanks
Happen to me,but I figured it out.Keep the first app instructs told you,don't screw with the app button itself,you'll slow your phone down,the app is mudded up .Restart your phone.I think this is what your experiencing; when you first plug it in,it tries ,then goes to a gray screen or partial gray,part image, tap your phones back button,should take you to a screen,top screen shows a pic of a complete endoscope camera,one below shows a pic of your cable "usb endoscope" with a setting symbol, tap that one,not the top one.Sometimes takes a couple back and fourths ,depending what else is running in phone. Good luck.

Do the one's you're talking about just look forward? The teslong has a mirror that screws onto the end so you can see the walls of the bore better, all the pictures folks have posted using a forward looking scope dont compare to what the teslong shows with that little mirror. I can actually tell what I'm looking at with the teslong vs. some of the pics I've seen using mirrorless scopes where I cant. I'm sure the guys who have been using that kind forever can accurately interpret what they see, but straight out of the box, first time ever looking into a barrel I could easily understand what I was looking at.
I just got a Telsong last week and found a 2" crack in my brothers rifle barrel about 5 inches from the muzzle. It was really cool to be able to see throat cracking and other things I was not able to see with the prior USB cameras that can't see at 90 degrees. Best $50 spent in a while.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.