Terry in Round Rock, Tx

Terry3006

I'm 66 years old and will retire in the next couple of years or sooner! I served in the USN, seabees for a couple years. I did 30 years with ATT and I now work for the City of Round Rock
I enjoy handloading and shooting the 30-06 and I'm wanting to learn about long range shooting and hunting.
I'm a blue collar worker but managed to take a trip to Africa for cape buffalo and I've hunted elk, mule deer and antelope a little and of course whitetails and hogs here in Tx. I'm now taking my grandson hunting these days on a deer lease in San Saba county, Tx. I have 2 boys that love to hunt.

I only have two rifles in 30-06. One is a custom 1940 Winchester action with a #2 Krieger barrel made by Mark Penrod. The other is a pre garcia Sako barreled action that I found unfired and Mark is stocking that rifle with a Mcmillan sako classic stock. Hopefully I'll have that rifle back by fall.

I'm hoping to build a long range '06 in the near future and I enjoy reading the different threads on this site.

Hello Terry from the Woodlands. I used to have a lease out there too on a huge ranch of Charolais cattle. Unfortunately that has gone away and am now still looking for a new place. Miss that area of turkey, deer and hogs. If you ever want to do some long range shooting somewhere in between or wherever let me know. I'm in.

Paul

Paul,
I will keep my ear to the ground if any other leases come open near us. I thought we were going to get another 1800 acres but that did not come about.
Our lease has around 100 head of cows on it. It's a real nice place and full of deer and hogs. Grandson got a turkey this spring too.
Best,
Terry

Paul,
I will keep my ear to the ground if any other leases come open near us. I thought we were going to get another 1800 acres but that did not come about.
Our lease has around 100 head of cows on it. It's a real nice place and full of deer and hogs. Grandson got a turkey this spring too.
Best,
Terry

Thanks Terry

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.