Terrapin x vs G7 BR2500

tweek1142

In the market for a good range finder. I've narrowed down to these two. I know how the G7 works and really like the option of getting your ballistic solution in the unit itself. Will the Terrapin x do the same thing via app? Any pros cons between the two are welcome.

It looks like the terrapin X will do it with the AB app. That is my intention when I get it. The release date just got bumped back a little. I had a G7 unit and it worked really well. It was not the newest 2500 model, it was the 2nd gen unit.

What is the AB app? I have Ballistic Advanced Edition. Uses JBM. I like the idea that the G7 has everything you need at a click of a button. No need for cell phone app. Or other gear to carry. But I like the reliability I hear about the Veteronix. Then again I always have my cell phone with me. Decisions decisions.

AB= Applied Ballistics. I agree with the one and done. I plan on using my Leica HD-Bs for the spot and stalk hunting. (When they ever ship) And the Vectronix when we are set up stationary. I had sold my PLRF15 and I really wasn't looking to get another Vectronix, but with the new features, I couldn't resist. LOL...... I did find myself one day in a snow storm in Colorado trying to range four bulls in a herd we had crept up on. We could not get a good reading with the original HD-B's. My Terrapin was sitting in the truck four miles away, nice and dry. I didn't take it because the snow had stopped and the sun came back out. Without phone service, we were unable to see the radar. Within an hr, it was pounding snow again. We never took a shot. My son wasn't happy......
I had tested the Original G7, HD's and Terrapin side by side in rain and snow and the Terrapin always ranged much further than the others.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.