Terminus Apollo Hammers

That Rifle is my rifle and no I did not go to sotic. That's James Eagleman. He was a sotic instructor.

Well, regardless, it sounds like you guys have some serious training going on at that school. Awesome rifle and awesome shooting.

Thanks Joel for sharing.

I have been fortunate and happened to be mentored by people who knew/know what they are doing. Worked with the best, trained by the best, and where I am now I shoot 6 days a week using well over a hundred rounds each day. Where everyone falls short is they spend money on their equipment and the latest gadget that's supposed to make you a better shooter just by having it in your pocket. When what they should be doing is investing in themselves as what's between their ears is the best gadget for shooting when it's fed properly. Without beefing it up all your equipment is just really expensive paper weights.

barbourcreek.com
I agree. I tend to harp more on the rifle tuning side of things, but the same applies to wind, and drops.

Well, regardless, it sounds like you guys have some serious training going on at that school. Awesome rifle and awesome shooting.

Thanks Joel for sharing.
I won't lie to you. Over my career I had been to almost every shooting school the army had to offer. I even trained with SS and two civilian protective service groups. I have yet to meet anyone who can read wind and teach like James can. Hit us up sometime. Keep in mind we are a long range hunting school. So no infil/exfil. Just hunting oriented and learning to read wind while shooting.

What do you mean would it have been the same a year ago? Enlighten me so I can understand.
Were you here last year? and for several years prior to that?
If you were and were listening, you probably wouldnt be asking the question.
So ill hit you square in the chest with an answer.
This has nothing at all to do with the excellant 3 shot group, which we now know wasent shot by the person many here thought did, based on the wording of the original post.
Nor does it have anything at all to do about the one who actually did, or the builder of the very accurate gun that did, or any of that, and everything to do with just the action used to build the gun.
And just last year, it would have been all about a totally different action.
Now that the best i can do for you friend.

Were you here last year? and for several years prior to that?
If you were and were listening, you probably wouldnt be asking the question.
So ill hit you square in the chest with an answer.
This has nothing at all to do with the excellant 3 shot group, which we now know wasent shot by the person many here thought did, based on the wording of the original post.
Nor does it have anything at all to do about the one who actually did, or the builder of the very accurate gun that did, or any of that, and everything to do with just the action used to build the gun.
And just last year, it would have been all about a totally different action.
Now that the best i can do for you friend.
YB,

It seems I have more information on this than you do. Joel designed the other action. I owned a few of those actions. I am also thankful that I was able to continue to represent that man. He has always proven to be straight up and more than trustworthy. Additionally I'm glad he was able to break away as it freed him up to improve his design and make it leaps and bounds better than it was before. As far as what went on and what caused the separation between Joel who designed the action and the other who just put his name on it, it's none of our business. Based on what I know of both men, I chose the one that I could trust.

That is awesome shooting. That is the main reason I do not have a $5K rifle. I am only a $2K shooter. If as the last of the kids get done with school I get the time I may see If I can learn to shoot consistently past 600 yards and buy a rifle like the one used in this example. I am always super impressed with the guys that can shoot like this. It takes a high quality rifle, but it also takes great ammunition and most importantly a great shooter. I played football, but new after the age of 14 I would not play in the NFL. I shoot a bit and spent some time carrying a rifle for a living, but I know I will never shoot a 2 inch 1000 yard group.
Never is a really long time.😊

I have been fortunate and happened to be mentored by people who knew/know what they are doing. Worked with the best, trained by the best, and where I am now I shoot 6 days a week using well over a hundred rounds each day. Where everyone falls short is they spend money on their equipment and the latest gadget that's supposed to make you a better shooter just by having it in your pocket. When what they should be doing is investing in themselves as what's between their ears is the best gadget for shooting when it's fed properly. Without beefing it up all your equipment is just really expensive paper weights.

barbourcreek.com
I was taught "It's not luck"
"It's when Preparation meets Opportunity "
Obviously you prepared very well and made the most of the opportunity.
Great shooting and thank you for your service!

If you think the group is not real, you will probably never shoot a group of that size. Your mind has already predetermined that equation. If you say only one time since blah blah blah has that group ever been shot you are only referencing a certain point in time "competition " or "match" when records are actually kept

if you feel a sponsor posting about his component attributing to this group you don't understand business and marketing. I did not see it as misleading, but I was not casting doubt. Rather admiring what had happened. I did not care who built the rifle, who loaded the round, how many people were calling the wind or who pulled the trigger.

Similar post by Joel back in January got zero negative replies. Was it because the group was 3" and not some "Record "

I believe when things align anything is possible. Keep an open mind.

I guess I've only been on this website for a little over a year maybe a little longer 56 years old I've been shooting since I was 9 I have rifles in 6.5 creedmore And I cannot get my guns to shoot anywhere near that I guess I would have to see that being done in order to be impressed and believe it put some videos on a view shooting that yardage I would like to buy gun like that if that's the case

If you think the group is not real, you will probably never shoot a group of that size. Your mind has already predetermined that equation. If you say only one time since blah blah blah has that group ever been shot you are only referencing a c
YB,

It seems I have more information on this than you do. Joel designed the other action. I owned a few of those actions. I am also thankful that I was able to continue to represent that man. He has always proven to be straight up and more than trustworthy. Additionally I'm glad he was able to break away as it freed him up to improve his design and make it leaps and bounds better than it was before. As far as what went on and what caused the separation between Joel who designed the action and the other who just put his name on it, it's none of our business. Based on what I know of both men, I chose the one that I could trust.
Well thanks for clearing all that up, otherwise i might have gone on thinking that both of those actions are actually designed and built at the same facility.

Well thanks for clearing all that up, otherwise i might have gone on thinking that both of those actions are actually designed and built at the same facility.
Same machine shop for a bit, not anymore. But designed at the shop, no. It seems as though you're operating on gossip and hearsay.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.