Terminal Ascent Bullets?

There was a bunch of 7mm Rem Mag ammo with the 155 gr Ascent bullet back in early August at Sportsmans Warehouse, must have been around 50-60 boxes, I grabbed 3, gonna pull the bullets from one box to load up in my 7mm LRH, if they shoot good then I'll pull the bullets from the other two boxes,

then I'll probably load the 160 gr Fusion bullets in the 7mm Rem Mag cases with the factory powder, got a couple 100 pc boxes of those

5F96BB8F-9597-4D5F-892A-709332DCDB74.jpeg

They haven't been available but have sometimes caught wind of the Edge TLR bullets being made. Look for those. it's the same bullet just coated in black nickel (so I've heard, don't quote me on it though.) I've heard they aren't made consistently though. Reloading solutions has some, maybe if you could order it from there. Not sure, they don't ship over seas but it let me check out.
https://www.reloadingsolutions.com/...onded-boat-tail-50-box?variant=29704749023277

Last edited:
Not sure how they are on game as i never ended up using them. Loaded in my .280AI they were the absolute worst accuracy of any bullet i have loaded for that rifle. Burned almost the whole box trying to find a load the rifle would shoot. 1.75MOA was the best i got and that rifle puts everything else in one hole. Went to hammers and never looked back. YMMV

Not sure how they are on game as i never ended up using them. Loaded in my .280AI they were the absolute worst accuracy of any bullet i have loaded for that rifle. Burned almost the whole box trying to find a load the rifle would shoot. 1.75MOA was the best i got and that rifle puts everything else in one hole. Went to hammers and never looked back. YMMV
I looked into the Federals a couple years ago and I remember reading that were inconsistent in mfg and very sensitive to jump. Perhaps Federal has overcome some of those early challenges? What was the timeframe of mfg for the ones you tried? Sounds like some folks are seeing success with them recently.

They were available as reloading components back in 2020 and I was able to acquire 500 pcs of the 175 gr in 30 cal but was too late to to get the 200 gr, the 175 gr worked extremely well on moose at 3500 fps from a 300 RUM View attachment 397199....
3500 FPS is too slow, I don't think it will work going that slow🤣🤣. I bet that hit like a lightning bolt.

I was gonna buy some but heard poor accuracy/ consistency results from others so never bothered trying them myself-- they look like a good bullet design , I'd love to see more positive results from others

Last edited:
I think there are many of us hoping they put some bullets on the market, but no one seems to know when or if Federal will put some out there. Sounds like they made a few runs a couple years back and then focused on making factory loads. I picked up a bunch of factory loaded terminal ascents' for my old savage 30-06. Surprisingly, I was able to get some great sub MOA groups out of an old wooden beast with a cheap Nikon scope using factory ammo. I've seen lots of factory ammo for 270, 308 and 7mm locally, but it tends to go pretty quick. With hunting season here, I don't think we'll see much on the shelves because of demand.

I think there are many of us hoping they put some bullets on the market, but no one seems to know when or if Federal will put some out there. Sounds like they made a few runs a couple years back and then focused on making factory loads. I picked up a bunch of factory loaded terminal ascents' for my old savage 30-06. Surprisingly, I was able to get some great sub MOA groups out of an old wooden beast with a cheap Nikon scope using factory ammo. I've seen lots of factory ammo for 270, 308 and 7mm locally, but it tends to go pretty quick. With hunting season here, I don't think we'll see much on the shelves because of demand.
I think Federal also doesn't want people to make better bullets than their terminal ascent, don't think anyones ever seen it on the shelves much.

They've never been available as a reloading component although it's advertised. The factory ammo is MIA as well except for sponsored pro hunters and TV shows. I've lost interest.
I bought some when they were available, probably going on 2 years ago. I gave some to Barbour creek to do their gel tests with but I think they said they had issues getting them to shoot. Still have a few loaded and in a box.
I was able to squeeze a little over .5moa out of them at 650. Never shot anything with them though.
Simple minded feller on YouTube had gel tested them. He really like la them, in his one video he talked about the 3 bullets he preferred from his gel tests. #1 on his list was the federal terminal ascents #2 nosler ablr #3 I think is the federal trophy bonded. He said he'd like to see both nosler ablr and terminal ascents have a baby bullet that would dominate short range hunting and long range.
Those are the three bullets he preferred for close up high velocity hunting and long range.
I tried to get into contact with him about giving him some badlands bulldozers but I never heard from him.

They haven't been available but have sometimes caught wind of the Edge TLR bullets being made. Look for those. it's the same bullet just coated in black nickel (so I've heard, don't quote me on it though.) I've heard they aren't made consistently though. Reloading solutions has some, maybe if you could order it from there. Not sure, they don't ship over seas but it let me check out.
https://www.reloadingsolutions.com/...onded-boat-tail-50-box?variant=29704749023277
Correct, the 6.5 cal 130's I have, the weight was all over. I don't remember the weight range of variance. I'll weigh some tonight and post back.