Tenzing Pack???

blb078

Anyone use the TZ 5000 or 6000? I've only been able to find a couple user comments about it and they seem ok, and there is a review on rokslide about them that was good but the same guys are rokslide also stated it was not a good pack, issues w/the shoulders straps tearing and not being able to handle a load over 50lbs. So does anyone have any use w/this pack? thx

Brian

I think it's a good design. They just need to work out a few bugs and quality control. My hunting partner used a 5000 and it worked. But at that price point I would go with a Full curl or Eberlestock pack.

Not sure if this will help.

The main design guy behind Tenzing, Jay Robert, originally started Blacks Creek Packs back in the day. I am not sure what happened with Blacks Creek but about the time they started moving stuff to be made in China there was a buyout or something and not too long later Tenzing showed up.

I have used and still own 3 of the Made in Idaho Blacks Creek Bags and they are excellent. The Canadian which is very similar to the 5-6000 series is my main elk hunting pack and I have carried huge weights with them for miles. I have owned it for over 7 years and wear it every day I hunt. I have yet to have anything fail on any of their packs. IMO they compare to anything out there unless you want to go high end like Kifaru UL or KUIU but you will pay way more for those.

I have no experience with Tenzing just so you know except that I have looked them over pretty well at Sportsman's Warehouse. They look very well built and almost exaclty like my Black Creek bags with some nice upgrades and new materials. If they are doing things like they did with Blacks Creek then you will be very happy with them.

HTH,

Scot E.

Thanks for the info Scot I believe Tenzing packs are made in China, but I guess if they were made in the USA they'd prob go for 600+, I might be ordering the TZ5000 soon just want to research them a little more before I commit 350 on a pack.

Made in China doesn't have to mean cheap or poorly made. In fact the exact opposite can be true and often is even though all we hear about is the cheap issues. It really has to do with the expectations of the company in relation to the QC checks that have been setup and the price they are willing to pay for quality.

My hope is the guys that are running this company understand this and are doing what it takes to make it happen. I already know they understand exactly what it takes to make a great pack. It is just a matter of whether they can put it all together.

Scot E.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.