Tenzing CF Legend Carbon Fiber Pack?

Epee

Ok, I just wanted to see how many of you guys hunt with a $1000 pack?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Nope not envious, just curious. I was figuring for that price the thing carries itself. Hmmm, new scope, or new pack, decisions, decisions.:rolleyes:

That pack is retarded. A mid sized pack that weighs 6 and a half pounds? Seriously? Not worth $100, much less $1000. Couldn't pay me to carry one.

That pack is priced insanely. It hardly adjusts so it will fit few people. I could go on and on but I won't. I have a Kifaru which is also expensive but it fits me perfectly and I can change the configuration to about anything. I would rather have a lot of other packs than that Tenzing. In most cases you can do both a scope and a pack. There are much much better packs at half the price. Look at Exo mountain gear, Stone glacier or a Used Kifaru set up. What do you want the pack for?

I agree that it is probably over-priced. I only own one Tenzing pack, a 1250 lumbar pack. It too was over-priced and, although a decent pack, I don't know that I would buy it again. If I were going to spend a $1,000 on a pack, it would be a Kafaru (I own a 2nd generation Long hunter with duplex belt system) great pack but very expensive. There are a couple of other pack makers that that get great reviews and are probably as good. One of my favorite packs for the weight I usually carry is the Eberlestock J34. It is a versatile pack that I took on an elk backpack hunt in CO three years ago. It performed nicely with 60+ pounds but that was close to its comfort limit. At less than a third of the price of some packs, I still use it more than most of my other multi-day packs. My favorite day pack is a really cheap Cabela's pack. Weight for weight, it is the most comfortable, quietest hunting pack that I have ever strapped on my back.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.