Tent recommendations

Montana Canvas makes a good tent. If your looking for an outfit that puts together a package deal that includes Tent, fly, stove, stovepipe, floor liner etc.. I would take a look at the Wall Tent Shop. They've got quality stuff at decent prices. Great stoves that you can actually bank a fire in for 8 hrs. or so. They have rafter kits and poles that come with the tents, easy to set up. 2 guys can set up a 14x16' in about 30 minutes. There stoves are airtight, sealed doors. If you can get your hands on some coal, a couple 5 gallon buckets will go a long ways if you just use it at night to keep toasty. Get or make a log grill for the inside of the stove if you burn a little coal. They have 3,4 and I believe 5 rafter kit setups for snow load. You can probably get all of the above in a package deal for under $ 2500.00 I would recommend a camp fly that extends in front of the tent 8-10'. You can cook outdoors weather permitting with a camp fly. If weight is no concern then that would be the route I would take. Storage bags for the stuff as well

Check out Canvas Cabins in Garrison MT. I've used a 12x15 wall tent from them for 20+ years. They have the best external frame set up that is available. With my woodstove I've had to open the doors in 0° weather. Held up to +12 inch snowfalls and 50 mph gusts. www.canvascabins.com JM

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.