Tent recommendations

GA Sheephunter

LRH Team Member
This is pretty tuff to do if your hunting out west in the snow and cold and having to worry about 3 or 4 different stoves to keep warm and dry.

Stoves are not a part of my gear list. I have done fine with just a tent and a zero degree sleeping bag in some pretty brutal conditions
Tent.JPG

Tdeyo

Montana Canvas makes a good tent. If your looking for an outfit that puts together a package deal that includes Tent, fly, stove, stovepipe, floor liner etc.. I would take a look at the Wall Tent Shop. They've got quality stuff at decent prices. Great stoves that you can actually bank a fire in for 8 hrs. or so. They have rafter kits and poles that come with the tents, easy to set up. 2 guys can set up a 14x16' in about 30 minutes. There stoves are airtight, sealed doors. If you can get your hands on some coal, a couple 5 gallon buckets will go a long ways if you just use it at night to keep toasty. Get or make a log grill for the inside of the stove if you burn a little coal. They have 3,4 and I believe 5 rafter kit setups for snow load. You can probably get all of the above in a package deal for under $ 2500.00 I would recommend a camp fly that extends in front of the tent 8-10'. You can cook outdoors weather permitting with a camp fly. If weight is no concern then that would be the route I would take. Storage bags for the stuff as well

John McLaughlin

Check out Canvas Cabins in Garrison MT. I've used a 12x15 wall tent from them for 20+ years. They have the best external frame set up that is available. With my woodstove I've had to open the doors in 0° weather. Held up to +12 inch snowfalls and 50 mph gusts. www.canvascabins.com JM

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.