Tenon and threads for pre 64 and post64 classic win 70

Are they compatible? What are their actual specs?
Thanks

I want to say absolutely not, however I can't find my drawings of the classic shank. The pre-64 has a tenon .740" long with a diameter of 1" and 16 pitch threads. This is most likely the same on both but the pre-64 has a coned breech whereas I don't believe the classic does.

I could be wrong...........wouldn't be the first time :). Somebody smarter than me will come along shortly with the answer.

I have had a few of the CRF Mod 70s (Morgan, Utah) come through my shop and they were
1 1/16"x28 tpi. I don't recall the tennon length.

I want to say absolutely not, however I can't find my drawings of the classic shank. The pre-64 has a tenon .740" long with a diameter of 1" and 16 pitch threads. This is most likely the same on both but the pre-64 has a coned breech whereas I don't believe the classic does.

I could be wrong...........wouldn't be the first time :). Somebody smarter than me will come along shortly with the answer.

You are right. Post 2009 they switched to 1 1/16th x 28 tpi. I know this for certain. Barrel tennon was cut to 1.020 (I believe)

You are right. Post 2009 they switched to 1 1/16th x 28 tpi. I know this for certain. Barrel tennon was cut to 1.020 (I believe)

I'm curious about the tenon and threads on the first re-introduction of the CRF. If I remember correctly it was sometime in the early 90's (I think perhaps the first time they started referring to them as "classic"). For a while back then you could buy the classic with CRF whereas their other offerings were still in push feed.

I'm almost positive..............I think:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts