Tennessee Member Roll Call

I'm from the Manchester / Hillsboro area. I mostly hunt deer, turkey, squirrel and LOVE to call and shoot coyotes whenever possible. I have rung up 7 with the .223 since February.gun)gun):D

I'm in Murfreesboro and if any one needs any help coyote hunting let me know. I recently got a Savage in 223 and have a Nosler ballistic tip load worked up for it. I've never been coyote hunting and would really like to give it a try.

Well, I guess the closest actual town from me is Parsons, TN. I am about halfway between Memphis and Nashville I guess as far as big cities. But, not to far from Lexington, Savannah, etc. Recently got out of the rimfire benchrest game and my Tac-Ops Echo 51 should be here sometime next week in hopes of getting in on some F-T/R, Sniper Challenge and any type of long range tactical shooting I can find. The biggest problems I have noticed so far is it seems it's gonna be kinda like with the BR matches I shot...the closest ones where 3-4 hours away. It would sure be nice if between all of us in the surrounding areas and even some of the closer states like Northern Alabama, Eastern Arkansas, KY, etc we could locate some decent places to actually get together and shoot some matches. From what I found shooting rimfire BR matches most of them where on private homeowners land, farms, small clubs, etc and we were actually shooting nationally sanctioned events. I know it would be a little harder with centerfire but hey, even 500-600 yards would make some nice matches and I know there are a few of those ranges/clubs around now. In fact, I think Henry County now has a 500-600 yard range, surely somewhere around Millington does, I read about a place over in Hollady, TN by Birdsong that is supposed to have 500-600 yards, I think Jackson, TN may have 500 yards, I think Mt. Pleasant, TN has 500-600 yards and I know there is a really nice place up in Park City, KY now that has 500-600 yards. So it wouldn't be that hard to have one every weekend somewhere within a 3-4 hour drive for most of us from the Western part of the state and Ark over to the middle part of the state and up in Southern, KY and Northern, AL and from what I found shooting BR we even shot some of our matches at the private clubs you just had to get it approved through the membership and usually donate a small part of the entry fees to the club for use of the property but it was sure a blast doing it and I was driving ALL OVER then from 3-12 hours away shooting one match in one state on Sat and another in another state on Sun. I certainly cannot afford nor would my health allow me to do this now but I would sure be willing to drive 3-4 hrs each weekend to shoot a match we could actually have sanctioned either through NRA or someone and then even be in the running and shoot in the nationals at the end of the year if you qualify and want to. It was a total blast and that was just shooting 22LR at 50 yards but that dot is TINY at 50 yards and that 22LR does some crazy stuff in 50 yards but even if our limit is 500 yards we just adjust the target accordingly but it sure does get my heart pumping just thinking about it if we could get enough people interested and interested in either the same type or one or two type matches I think it would go over great! WHEW!!! Sorry, I never meant to write a novel but I get excited at just the thought it could be possible if enough folks were interested. Maybe one of the admins or someone could just start a thread with a poll in this region as to how many would be interested and also vote on the one or two top types of matches people want to shoot and just see where it goes??? Anyway...just my $0.02!! But anyway, either way I am glad to see there are at least several shooters in the area as it's always nice to have someone to go to the range with or just set up on some private property and shoot with! If there is anyone around my neck of the woods let me know and maybe we can get together and shoot sometime! gun) lightbulb

ok Tn folks. havent been here in a while but if your into coyote hunting check out southeasterncoyotes.com forum. Lots of local Mid Tn folks that occasionally get together and cook out and swap lies.

There's a new range in Summertown/ Mt Pleasant, Tn that's out to 500 and very nice staff and facility "Eagle Eye shooting complex"
Also a brand new place in Chapel Hill, Tn called "Strategic Edge Inc". 0-1000yds. but memberships are limited to 500 and they have over 100 now. Opened July 4th. Better act now if you want In.

Bang......................................................................................................................ding

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.