Ten Point Vapor RS470 Xero Crossbow - Range Game out to 250 yards

Muddyboots

LINK: Ten Point Vapor Xero

From their website:

EXACT AIMING. ANY DISTANCE.
the most advanced aiming system on the market.
  • Automatically range game up to 250 yards away with the press of a single button
  • Precise illuminated aim points automatically adjust for both distance and brightness allowing you to see your target, unobstructed by reticle patterns
  • Forget the days of "gap shooting" with multiple aim points – simply range, lock, and use the single aiming point provided by the XERO X1i.
  • Laser Locate™ waypoint projection feature works with compatible Garmin devices to show you exactly where your target was located when the shot or range was taken – allowing you to better track your game after the shot.
  • Custom arrow profiles for programming multiple arrow configurations.
  • 3.5X magnification | Multi-Color Display
For the low price of $4,049.99

So with a magnification of 3.5x you can shoot accurately out to 250 yards with a flight time measured on a stop watch. Wind will have absolutely no effect on crossbow arrows either. Useful for Attila the Hun sieges though.

Absolutely! I am a vertical bow guy through and through! I have a Bowtech Stryker 380 that is fun to shoot but only actually bought it when I was having shoulder problems. Heck had complete right shoulder reconstruction 2 years ago (all 4 rotator tendons displaced, bicep tendon displaced, torn labrum and bone spurs) and can still draw OK. The funny thing was I still was able to draw my Hoyt when my shoulder was a mess though it hurt like heck doing so. Something about shooting with a bow versus xbow that is more important to me.

Absolutely! I am a vertical bow guy through and through! I have a Bowtech Stryker 380 that is fun to shoot but only actually bought it when I was having shoulder problems. Heck had complete right shoulder reconstruction 2 years ago (all 4 rotator tendons displaced, bicep tendon displaced, torn labrum and bone spurs) and can still draw OK. The funny thing was I still was able to draw my Hoyt when my shoulder was a mess though it hurt like heck doing so. Something about shooting with a bow versus xbow that is more important to me.
Yep I hear ya. You must be young. Young heals faster than old. I've had alot of injuries from motocross as a young guy. Torn shoulders, broken shoulder bones. Didn't bother me 20 years ago. At 58, I'm feeling it more and I still workout everyday. It's an age thing I think. I have a crossbow also but use it only in December from a heated tower box blind for meat hunting if it comes down to that. Otherwise I'm with you. Love the vertical bow. Just had a custom hybrid flatbow built for next year. Going traditional for early season then closer to the rut I'll pick up my Elite and use it thru early November. Not really a big fan of crossbows but not against guys that use them. We're all hunters. If it's legal, use it. Kinda do wish they had a separate season for them tho.

Young, haha! 70 years young! I probably did my damage when I was a blacksmith for a profession for 3 years, rode rodeo and gymkhana when my professional career got derailed in the 1973 recession for a while. Never owned a horse until I was 22 when I met a girl that had them and off I went! I ended up teaming up with her brother as a blacksmith and it was fun time but dang, do you take a beating!! One of us got kicked probably once a week. Backyard horses will kill you. They don't know they are horses and have no manners. AT least until we get there. Funny how life is but broke up with girl friend but stayed teamed up with her brother as a blacksmith since I actually liked it. All came to an end fast when recession broke and I got a nice job which jump started my professional career back up. But the beating was pretty bad both on the job and while riding. Could not get me drunk enough to get on a bull but did take a beating on saddle bronc. I preferred team roping and bull dogging since with my size bull dogging was actually in my favor.

I just wish the xbow users had more understanding of flight time versus deer movement etc. Plus lack of fundamental arrow performance is really stark in the xbow world unless they are getting tuned arrows from someone. But do they understand arrow dynamics? They still apply with xbow. Any vertical bow guy that takes up a xbow will tune it much differently than one that knows nothing of arrow flight from a vertical bow.

The Stryker 380 shot light arrows which I changed out to heavier FMJ's to get the penetration down range that is needed for mechanicals. The velocity only dropped to 355 which didn't matter since they carried velocity further. Down range inertia is foreign to most of these guys but if you are a vertical bow guy you understand them for shooting longer range and still have penetration. Which is why I still shoot heavier spine than most with Thunderheads since the day they came out in the 80's.

Young, haha! 70 years young! I probably did my damage when I was a blacksmith for a profession for 3 years, rode rodeo and gymkhana when my professional career got derailed in the 1973 recession for a while. Never owned a horse until I was 22 when I met a girl that had them and off I went! I ended up teaming up with her brother as a blacksmith and it was fun time but dang, do you take a beating!! One of us got kicked probably once a week. Backyard horses will kill you. They don't know they are horses and have no manners. AT least until we get there. Funny how life is but broke up with girl friend but stayed teamed up with her brother as a blacksmith since I actually liked it. All came to an end fast when recession broke and I got a nice job which jump started my professional career back up. But the beating was pretty bad both on the job and while riding. Could not get me drunk enough to get on a bull but did take a beating on saddle bronc. I preferred team roping and bull dogging since with my size bull dogging was actually in my favor.

I just wish the xbow users had more understanding of flight time versus deer movement etc. Plus lack of fundamental arrow performance is really stark in the xbow world unless they are getting tuned arrows from someone. But do they understand arrow dynamics? They still apply with xbow. Any vertical bow guy that takes up a xbow will tune it much differently than one that knows nothing of arrow flight from a vertical bow.

The Stryker 380 shot light arrows which I changed out to heavier FMJ's to get the penetration down range that is needed for mechanicals. The velocity only dropped to 355 which didn't matter since they carried velocity further. Down range inertia is foreign to most of these guys but if you are a vertical bow guy you understand them for shooting longer range and still have penetration. Which is why I still shoot heavier spine than most with Thunderheads since the day they came out in the 80's.
. Good for you. 70 and still good after all that shoulder work, your doing great.

Love my Vapor RS 470. Not the xero but i have the sig BDX system and its incredible. Its my 3rd crossbow. And so much fun, love my bows

Scorpyd SLP 165
EXCALIBUR Mega 405
Vapor rs 470

Says you can match arrow profiles. I wonder if rather than various arrow configs if you can match it to specific arrows? I'm not shelling it out to figure it out though. A little too much for my needs with furthest shots mostly 20-30 yards. I could see it for those in places where they have longer shot opportunities and what not.