Tempilaq freezing point?????

gohring3006

I ordered some tempilaq and its going to be delivered to my house. The problem is, I'm going to be at work and its going to be -11 tomorrow and not much higher the rest of the week. Can someone look on there bottle to see if it says DO NOT FREEZE.
thanks.
I hope it doesn't freeze....

The more i thought about it. If its coming by truck its probably been in freezing temps. Since it left Midway's warehouse.

Just looked at my 350 and 400 bottles and there is NO mention of "Keep from freezing" or the like.

These were out in a unheated building last winter and there was no noticeable difference after they were allowed to reach room temp.

Pete

Just looked at my 350 and 400 bottles and there is NO mention of "Keep from freezing" or the like.

These were out in a unheated building last winter and there was no noticeable difference after they were allowed to reach room temp.

Pete
Thank you very much, I was worried I was throwing $29.00 away. LOL

I just ordered some also and it has been around 20 degrees here. I know freezing screws up paint but don't know about this stuff. Might effect how it works??? Will see shortly.

I have some and by the way you thin it should be with something that smells like mineral spirits. Don't think it is thinned with that because of the flame . Will look tomorrow. Tired of the weather here. I know you guys are.

I have some and by the way you thin it should be with something that smells like mineral spirits. Don't think it is thinned with that because of the flame . Will look tomorrow. Tired of the weather here. I know you guys are.
Looks like your state got a bunch of ice, I have three new rifles and four new load work ups. I cant wait till i can get to the range, I don't have any patience to shoot accurately when its -8. Haha

This is my perspective in using Tempilaq or similar materials (powder too in this case) when they are cold. Simply allow the product to reach room temp before opening the container.

When one opens the ice cold container in a warmer (and presumably more humid - think absolute humidity not relative humidity) environment, that humidity will condense on the container surface AND the open surface of the product. That condensation will then contaminate the contents. That's when most of us, myself included, conclude the damage was due to freezing.

There are other factors too, such as how hygroscopic the product is or evaporation rates and such but the short answer is: Allow the conditions to equalize before opening. I suspect over the years, I've damaged more than one can of powder and other products by my impatience.

Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.