Temperature stable powders

daka

I was loading 243 Win. and 300WSM this summer with IMR4451, H.Superformance and some others such as IMR4350 and tried some W760. Never got the same results.

Now for the hunting season and other activities to come I am planning to use 270WSM that finally arrived from gunsmith and would like to load Berger 140VLD for it.

With or without 270WSM in mind what are best temperature consistent or stable powders as here in Alberta summers are about 25 C and winters are also 25 C but with the minus sign in front of the number.

Obviously same powder unless stable won't work for both seasons or gave me good results in loading/shooting season and same consistency during the hunting season.
Is there anyone that is experienced in this, that tried the similar thing.
If there is any info on 270WSM it would be more than appreciated but even for other loads/calibers is fine.
Any info to start on the right track helps. Thanks

Use this along with your load data to find a powder that is temp stable
1598817578932.png

Good luck
Steve

Powders you want for 270WSM are the ones that are hard to find. I have one too(270WSM). Live in Texas so we have huge temp swings here too

RL23, H1000 and IMR-7977 are good options for the 270 WSW, all temp stable powders. H4831sc is another option but won't give you the speeds the other three will.

Stay safe

I didn't see reloader 33 or vv n570 i know that they are probably not for 270 just wondering as I have a 30 nosler

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.