Tell us about your upcoming hunt

shaky what kind of accuracy do you get at 100yd with your 300 load? what kind of powder
just about to work up some 180 nosler bt's my self and was courious thanks
tongue.gif

shaky what kind of powder are you using and
what kind of accuracy are you geting at 100yd , I am just about to work up some 180 nosler bt load's for my new tika thanks.....
....Oh and thank you Mr king for your info what kind of powder and how much?, sounds
like a good broad side deer load at long range.. thaks
wink.gif

shaky what kind of powder are yo using and how much,I'm working up some 189g nosler bt
loads my self also Mr.King what kind of powder are you using for the load you mentioned
and what grain of nosler b.p are you using I
am geting great acc.with the 165 sierra game kings and think that thay will work well for black bear and me and my hunting partner just got back from are hunting grounds we saw
3 bears all at ranges between 3-500 yards
do you think this bullet is a good choice at
that range or do you think that I should be using a 180grainer?? powder for the 165 is
IMR 4350at72.0g 3125fps muz and aprox.2032fps
at 500yd thats 1500ft/lb energy. As all the
bear were alone/without cubs and two of them
were aprox.350lb and the boar was about500lb
I think and my friend that has shot many of them looked at me and said he is a BIG 500
and that as I have not taken a bear yet if
the shot presented itself he would be wall
to wall carpeting for my house
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
this made me real happy seeing how he own's the property
and that there is no other hunting any where
near his place and he has had a trapper friend bating for a long time. We talked to
him on the way out and he said that the big
brune we had seen was not the only one in the area .......we were only there about one
and a half hours ya hooooooooooooooo...

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
sorry every one it
took ne two days to find out that there was
two pages to this ....hence the multipule posts ,shaky and Mr king you only have to answer me once and you don't have to sayit
three three three times times times for me
me me lol. lol. thanks

Jonathan

I was wondering about these 'hangers' you posted.

I use Reloader 25, it's a pretty stout load and pushes the 180 BTips at 3150 across the chronograph from a 24 inch barrel. If you want to use RL25, I was told to begin working loads RL22 STARTING values plus 4 grains. In other words, if the beginning load is 70 grains for RL22, start at 74 grains for RL25. YOU NEED TO WORK UP YOUR OWN LOAD, mine won't work for you.

As to whether a load/bullet is adequate for bears I don't know. I don't have very much experience with them. I know that a deer or elk can run about 80 to 100 yards once double-lunged, I'd suspect a bear could do like-wise. I wouldn't want an upset bear in my lap
grin.gif
grin.gif

Mr king thank you and rest ashured I was only curiousas to what your prefrence of
powder and speed were an that I always work
up to my load from minimum charge. As I can
well understand your worry about the coppy cat loader and that every gun is different as are many other factors. I think that You are a very experenced and acomplished hunter
and reloader and I value your knoledge thank
you sir for your valuable time.
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.