Tell us about your longest bow kill

Whitetail - 62 yards.

Was sneaking through the woods. Saw a doe approaching on a trail towards my direction (80 yards away). I stayed very still, mostly hidden behind a tree. While I was focusing on the deer that was still coming toward me, didn't notice two others approaching from a different direction.

I was not hidden from them, maybe they didn't know what I was, but they knew something was up. They ran a little ways away. This stopped the deer that I had been watching, she turned broadside at 62 yards. The doe did not know where I was, she was watching the other 2 and trying to figure it out.

I wanted to get a shot off while she was distracted and before the doe figured it out. I slowly drew back behind the tree, eased out so I had a clear shot and let it go. Ended up with a good doe and a highly enjoyed hunt.

Not sure of my longest, but if you in here in AL, you don't shoot at deer over 45 yds. with a bow. They will be in the next county before the arrow gets there.

I worked for a TV show on the Outdoor Channel for a couple of years of and on and we had video footage of someone shooting at a doe at 40 yds and she was out of the frame when the arrow got to where she was.

Our deer are too pressured for those type shots in most areas.

78 yds mule deer doe.

i shoot at least 5days a week all summer (the other 2days are for rifle practice) out to 100 yards. That evening i practiced for a little over an hour when my 2 year old came out screaming she wanted to go hunting. Of course i cant tell her no so i grab my rangefinder and we head across the property. we decide to walk out and around the mill where a few dozen md normally hang out. When we reached the first coral we spotted 6 does in the short grass about 100 yards from our position. wanting to have a little fun we crawled through the muddy coral which made the average distance 80 yards. i ask my little girl to pick one out and she took a few moment to select one from the herd. i ranged the selected doe @ 78 yards, stood up behind the shed, drew my bow and stepped into the open. none of the deer noticed me and i was able to relax settle my 80 yard pin on the top of her heart and release. She never even looked up at the release but took off at a dead sprint when the arrow hit her. we waited 15 minutes and snuck out to where she had been standing. found my arrow and an awesome blood trail. i let the little one follow the blood trail the 70 yards it took the doe to expire.

yeahp the little one probably spends more time on the range then most adults do.

Attachments

• raynesfirsthunt.jpg
    raynesfirsthunt.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 121
Not even on the same page as most of the yardages, 35yds with my Parker. It wasn't the yardage that made it such a rush but the 45min stalk that lead to the shot. sneaking through the golden rod and briers, making sure the wind was still cooperating and he wasn't going to move is what made the hunt a true hunt for me.

long range 3-D. Stacked pins about 110 yards slightly downhill, and let the switchback and the gold tip do there thing. Pure luck behind the ear on a 3-d doe!

long range jack rabbit right at 60 yard pin on at the head. sounded like a broken bat single when the shocker hit!

The Best was at 25 Yard chipmunk on a cedar fence post. nicked him with the shocker, he danced on the top of the post like a gun slinger who had been shot in an old western and fell over. Skinned him tanned him and he hangs on the re-curve as the a trophy! Still the best shot I ever made! Bar-none

Tell us the conditions, distance, practice technique, how the decision was made, result.

I killed a Caribou at 75 yards. It was a Pass through. I used a 150 grain broad head.i was in Canada. At the time I shoot a lot of 3d . I Practice up to a 100 yards A lot because it was so wide open there. It was a double shovel. My buddy ranged it for me.so I took the shoot. The caribou was about 500 pounds. So it was a big target.

I doubled on two does at ten yards once. The first shot was ten yards or less and the next shot was maybe fifteen yards. When the other doe came back to investigate.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.