tell me this ain't so!

Trickymissfit

there was a spot on the news over the weekend that said Cabalas, Dicks, Bass pro, and Nikon boycotted the NRA Convention! Anybody gone to it an seen these guys in there to prove it was some more fake news!!!
gary

there was a spot on the news over the weekend that said Cabalas, Dicks, Bass pro, and Nikon boycotted the NRA Convention! Anybody gone to it an seen these guys in there to prove it was some more fake news!!!
gary
If True, their leadership is a very special kind of stupid. You can't fix stupid either. You can only fire it.

Obviously dicks wasn't going to be there, with their recent anti-gun lobbying efforts they would be tarred and feathered. Nikon I saw bagged out along with two tobacco companies, nothing I saw indicated that Bass Pro or Cabela's did.

I attended the convention and Cabela's / Bass Pro had a booth. Dick's did not, but who cares about them. They just had Springfield Armory yank their contract. Dick's is good riddance. Nikon did not have a booth for whatever reason. Great event, my first ever. Won't be the last, of course it helps it was only a 6½ hour drive. Great time for my buddies and I to have a great 3 day road trip.

I saw this on the Microsoft internet news that comes up with my Internet Explorer start up. If Nikon did boycott the convention, they can forget about me buying their equipment.
gary

For the last several years we have been buying baseball gear from Dick's. We order it all on line now.

I called Nikon. The guy told me they didn't have enough staff to get to the NRA show this time.o_O

That seems like a pretty sorry excuse for Nikon to not be there. I don't care if they grab a janitor from Headquarters to man the booth, they need to show support for the NRA.

I'll be sending them an email, as well, and then I will be selling all my Nikon ****...

The only response we have for companies like Dicks (and apparently Nikon) is to let them know how you feel and then completely stop doing business with them.

Nikon has been marketing to the bird watchers for a long time. Just when is seems like they are making an effort to get into the shooting sports...

Steve

Glad I only own the one rimfire scope that I paid $100 new for on Amazon... If I had any of their high-end stuff, I'd be ****ed because I'd be selling it for a loss.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts