Tee nut install for arca rail, Tupperware stock

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Finally took the time to get one of my Arca+Pic rail mounted on my Browning Hells Canyon Speed in 300 PRC. It's a Tupperware stock, with the support ribs molded in.

For the rear screw, I installed a tee nut. I had to bring the edges off of the tee nut to get it do drop in between the support ribs with a nice centered fit in the stock. Once it dropped in I drilled a thru hole slightly undersized to the diameter of the threaded portion of the tee nut. After that I made sure everything fit well, and mixed up some JB Weld. Put some JB Weld all around where the tee nut was going to sit. Trying to build It up and have added support in the area.

The next step was to take a longer bolt and thread it into the tee nut (just something to hold onto it with) and I added more JB weld to the side of the tee nuts with the spikes. I used the longer bolt to get it positioned and hammered it into the hole in the stock.

The front one, just for the quick turnaround to go shooting 2 hours after typing this, I took the self tapping sling stud bolt out, adde JB weld to the inside of the existing hole, and then dipped the bolt
Into my "masking" (ummm... this was bag balm, because it's what I had). This won't hold very well, but it will be fine for shooting a couple shots to verify zero. I will add the second tee nut at a later date!
231A0724-B2ED-45FD-BD2E-A3C03614DF94.jpeg
22FA04AE-F15B-4114-A661-4C2BDBE5DD6C.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.