TC Venture 7mm mag

coop2564

So I bought the above from a guy needing quick money for a very good price. Knowing it was a cheaper gun but at price he was asking thought I could turn it quickly and make a buck. He said he hunted with it once, shot it about 15 rds. Decided to shoot it myself and man this thing is a great shooting gun. I put a Vortex viper on it and just shot some old shells I have had for years since my last 7 mag and got half inch group with 154 gr SST hornady superperformance at 100yds. Tried some Winchester 140 PP and it grouped them in the 1" area.

I dont know much about the gun I've never really look into TC's stuff, but the stock is not great but still much better than most at this price range and doesn't have that cheap hollow sound, barrel is free floated and barrel is fluted with the weather shield 24". Only thing I dont like is the twist is 1-10 5R so that 154gr is likely the heaviest bullet It stabilize well? But that is still a good combo.

Anyone else have this gun and what are your thoughts? I was going to sell it but I dont have a 7mm mag anymore and as good as this one shoots I think I'm going to keep it. The action is nice and the trigger is crisp 3.2 lbs.
Anyone have any luck getting a heavier, longer bullet stabilized with 1:10?

I have one in 30-06, I wouldn't part with it for nothing... It's a sub Moa shooter!!!
I'm pretty sure the 168 Berger is stable in a 10 twist.

My Nephew and my BIL both have 7mm mags my Nephew shoots Bergers in his with good results but I can't remember which Berger and what weight. My step son has one in 7mm-08. All three are capable of 1/2 moa. My Nephew's shoots almost everything submoa. For the price I recommend them to everyone.

Looks some of the higher BC 168 gr bullets might work for you but not all.

I have a Weathershield 270 and it has become my go to rifle now for whitetails. I have it topped to a 3.5x10 leupold and out of the box it would shoot 1/2" groups with cheap Hornady Whitetail ammo. A few years ago I had a predator model in 223 that would shoot lights out as well.

I have a venture in 300 win mag and 30/06 and there both the most accurate out of the box guns I have owned .the 300 will shoot 180 hornady sst superformace under 1/2" and 165gr Gmx superformace 1/2" ,180gr power points 1/2" . The 30/06 will bug hole 150gr hornady btsp custom .both guns shoot about everything under an inch .wish my sendero shot as well .

I bought one of these when they first came out in 7mm mag. It will shoot most factory ammo right at an inch. It shoots my 168 Berger and 162 SST handloads at .4-.5 consistently. Smacked my muley last year at 646 yards DRT. Only complaint is the magazines length. Hasn't been an issue for me but it will limit your OAL a lil bit in the magnums. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.