TC omega replacement barrels???

dwhunts

Anybody know of a place making replacement omega barrels? Obviously if you search "TC" and "barrel" all you get is contender and encore stuff. If you leave out the "TC", you get watch stuff. I know I could just buy another one, but I kinda wanted to see if there was a more accurate custom option.

I've tried the same, no luck as well.. I assumed I was the only one on the planet who wanted one, now I see I'm not alone. I never actually called and ask TC and was gonna just buy the cheapest one I could find and throw away the stock, etc. That doesn't make sense so I need to call them, or find a custom maker to sell me one for the omega.

TTT

Yeah, the Omega was the hottest thing going for awhile, but it seems like it's fallen out of favor. TC isn't even making it anymore. I know in muzzle loading circles it's not very highly thought of, something to do with lock time. I think they're fine, and call me crazy, but I can't see how a break action can be as accurate as a fixed barrel. There is a smith out there somewhere that can do a custom barrel (it's not a complicated design), we've just gotta find one. I'm gonna keep looking. I almost just decided to give up and buy an Encore. I like my Omega though, and I've made some amazing shots with it. It's a light handy rifle that's easy to clean... What more could you ask for out of a rifle your only gonna hunt with (in my case) 9 days out of the year?

I couldn't get any consistent accuracy out of my Omega because of a pitted barrel so I sent it into T/C last December. It couldn't be fixed & they wouldn't replace it because they said the barrels were all serialized to the gun. They offered me an employee discount on a new rifle which wasn't a bad deal but they wouldn't send back my old rifle. It was essentially a trade-in but the omega was worthless to me without any replacement barrel options.

Call Mike Bellm. Mike may know someone. He does know a guy that works on the Omega trigger, who may know about another barrel.

Someone, someplace, somewhere I've been, may have rebarreled an Omega it seems. Took a lot of work, heck it could have been right here on this site. Do a search......

Never heard of someone rebarreling one.

Why do you think it needs it, is it visibly damaged? In my extensive experience with Omegas, I found them to be somewhat finicky in what they would shoot well, but once you worked up a load they were incredibly accurate. I have shot MOA groups with mine to 500 yards.

The usual culprit is people pushing too high of charges. Back off on the charge until you hit accuracy. I shoot the 200SW with 110gr 777...definitely not a max load...but it's been good for deer to 400 yards. I only get accuracy with a max load when I get to 300 grain bullets.

Never heard of someone rebarreling one.

Why do you think it needs it, is it visibly damaged? In my extensive experience with Omegas, I found them to be somewhat finicky in what they would shoot well, but once you worked up a load they were incredibly accurate. I have shot MOA groups with mine to 500 yards.

The usual culprit is people pushing too high of charges. Back off on the charge until you hit accuracy. I shoot the 200SW with 110gr 777...definitely not a max load...but it's been good for deer to 400 yards. I only get accuracy with a max load when I get to 300 grain bullets.

Mine had some heavy pitting about 8inches past the breach. The rest of the barrel was in good shape but no matter what I did, I couldn't achieve the accuracy I wanted so I sent it into T/C. They said it couldn't be fixed and that it was ruined. They blamed it on improper maintenance but I think it was just a rough barrel that got worse with usage of pyrodex. I cleaned it after every use and kept it spotless.

Mine had some heavy pitting about 8inches past the breach. The rest of the barrel was in good shape but no matter what I did, I couldn't achieve the accuracy I wanted so I sent it into T/C. They said it couldn't be fixed and that it was ruined. They blamed it on improper maintenance but I think it was just a rough barrel that got worse with usage of pyrodex. I cleaned it after every use and kept it spotless.

Yes I had a ML I gave all the TLC in the world but after years of pyrodex the barrel lost accuracy. My Omegas have seen nothing but 777.

Yes I had a ML I gave all the TLC in the world but after years of pyrodex the barrel lost accuracy. My Omegas have seen nothing but 777.

I had less than 100rds through my Omega. I fed it 777 at first and switched to pyrodex after some load testing with Hornady SST's. The pyrodex seemed to perform better but the accuracy fell off eventually. I ended up buying a bone collector triumph from T/C but I'm not sure of it yet since I don't like the idea of a break action. I may end up selling it for another Omega or give it up all together since the season is short to begin with. I don't have time to mess with it much these days.