TC Encore Accurizer

rogerstv

Anyone have experience removing the accurizer on a TC Encore barrel. Considering removing it from my TC .50 cal. barrel. I've read articles stating great results removing it and re-crowning the barrel end.

Anyone have experience removing the accurizer on a TC Encore barrel. Considering removing it from my TC .50 cal. barrel. I've read articles stating great results removing it and re-crowning the barrel end.
It has more to do with the guys wanting to shoot conical bullets rather than sabots.

Thank you. At some point, I may take it out west. Will need to shoot conical then.

A post (another forum) citing significant accuracy gains was with regards to conical bullets. Didn't realize there is a difference. Does the accurizer make the conical wobble upon exit?

Thank you. At some point, I may take it out west. Will need to shoot conical then.

A post (another forum) citing significant accuracy gains was with regards to conical bullets. Didn't realize there is a difference. Does the accurizer make the conical wobble upon exit?
It is sometimes drilled off center of the bore, thus allowing gas to escape unevenly around the muzzle. They have a tendency to not shoot conical bullets very well. Some will, but many don't. Quite a few guys have cut theirs off and re-crowned the barrel and are very satisfied with the results.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.